#1 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

when does the truck come out and who is happy to see it us truck guy need some snowplow trucks

#2 a/gass

a/gass

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Full Name:michael b mullins AKA Blazz

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

i think my lhs said march?so i figur april lol.im not a truck fan but im getting atlest one.
i cant wait for the old's im getting a crate of them lol

Edited by a/gass, 28 January 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#3 jaymichaelsdesigns

jaymichaelsdesigns

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Full Name:Jay Michaels

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Thares a guy on ebay that sells snow plows for models if ur still looking

#4 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

no i want that truck

#5 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

My LHS released his June release list; still no GMC.

#6 richcrabman

richcrabman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Full Name:richie swinn-bell

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

What truck/4x4 you guys on about? Is there any pics?

Rich

#7 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

The Revell '77 GMC 4x4 w/ snowplow that was announced at iHobby last year. Reissue of an old Monogram kit now w/ a snowplow.

Posted Image

Edited by Rob Hall, 20 March 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#8 richcrabman

richcrabman

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Full Name:richie swinn-bell

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Cheers rob,that's now on my want list!!!

Rich

#9 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Anyone else notice how the side view mirrors are mounted on the box art build?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder what the person that built it was thinking?

#10 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Anyone else notice how the side view mirrors are mounted on the box art build?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder what the person that built it was thinking?

Maybe it was the same person that built the box art kit for the recently released '77 Chevy van..it shows the mirrors mounted high also.

#11 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

It was the same with the '77 Chevy van, until the mirror position was corrected for the final box art.

There's something funky going on with the bed on the GMC, too, as it appears to be lower in the rear, and the body line angles noticeably downward.

It will be interesting to see which style plow is included, as I recall older plows needed some extra space between the body and bumper for mounting, but it appears the bumper in the box art above is in the stock location. I fully expect the box art to be finalized once the plow is finished and an accurate sample can be built, painted, and added to the pickup.

#12 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

The passenger side light mounted on the plow is backwards too. This is turning into a "what's wrong with this picture" game! Still picking up a couple when they eventually come out.

Edited by The70judgeman, 20 March 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#13 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

This bed looks like it shares the same feature as the stepside: no fuel doors!

#14 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

A resin-cast eight-foot Fleetside bed would be nice when this kit is released, but then again, there's plenty of room for improvement in all areas of this kit. :D

#15 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

A resin-cast eight-foot Fleetside bed would be nice when this kit is released, but then again, there's plenty of room for improvement in all areas of this kit. :D

Quoted for truth

#16 Modlbldr

Modlbldr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kendall

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

I think the Bronco spare tire mount on the tailgate is odd, along with all of the other problems with the pic. Maybe that's why the bed is sagging in the rear. Too much weight on the tailgate.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr, 21 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#17 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think the Bronco spare tire mount on the tailgate is odd

I think it was a company policy at Monogram that any street pickups/SUVs/vans had to have at least a rear mounted spare tire, with the jerry can being included at the designer's discretion. :D

#18 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

It was the same with the '77 Chevy van, until the mirror position was corrected for the final box art.

There's something funky going on with the bed on the GMC, too, as it appears to be lower in the rear, and the body line angles noticeably downward.

It will be interesting to see which style plow is included, as I recall older plows needed some extra space between the body and bumper for mounting, but it appears the bumper in the box art above is in the stock location. I fully expect the box art to be finalized once the plow is finished and an accurate sample can be built, painted, and added to the pickup.

I agree Casey, the final box art should be interesting to see. The snow plow setups for trucks from this era were frame mounted by extending the frame approximately a foot so the frame and hydraulic assembly could be mounted in front of the grille. The factory bumber was then bolted on to the frame extensions. Today's trucks typically use a "quick hitch" type setup where the complete plow and hydraulic assembly connects to the truck in a matter of minutes. This was something the plow manufacturers starting doing in the mid-90's, not sure what the exact reasoning is for the change other than helps keep the front of a truck clean looking. I suspect that the plow set up will resemble the one in the picture as it may be easier to design and mold. The picture is obviously photo-shopped as it sits on top of the bumper and the lights are messed up.

I still think we will see this kit, probably not until late summer or fall. I have it on my wish list ( a case at least!).

#19 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

^I'm not sure if that plow setup was the norm or not; my dad has a Fisher plow from the '80s that was originally on this body style of truck that he had modified to fit his '89 and it mounts in front of the bumper. Mind you, his setup is a 'permanent' one: full hydraulic, with the pump being belt-driven by the engine. This kit comes with an electric-over-hydraulic setup.

Also, come to think of it, in the late 80's-early 90's when I was growing up my dad plowed with a '78 Bronco and it, too, had the christmas tree in front of the plow.

#20 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

The picture is obviously photo-shopped as it sits on top of the bumper and the lights are messed up.

That's what I was thinking too. Parts of it almost looks like a real plow with the detail that's on it. I kinda doubt if what we actually get with the kit will have near the details the plow in the photo has. As far as the bed,just like any other fleetside pickup kit,be prepared to do some work when it comes time to put the bed together and mount it to the chassis. The passenger side of this kit actually looks worse. Just look at the photo of the older GMC kit in the "History Of Monogram's GM Pickups" thread.