mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Considering the plow was created 30 years after the truck, yes. :D

Yes, that was my main reason for buying this kit ( I am up to 4 of them! :P ). I plan on adapting these to other kits I have in my stash.

#102 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,217 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Considering the plow was created 30 years after the truck, yes. :D

Yeah, but they could have 'dumbed down' the plow parts a little bit to keep it all consistent, ya know? :P

#103 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, but they could have 'dumbed down' the plow parts a little bit to keep it all consistent, ya know? :P

Well,they did try Chuck since there's nothing connecting the plow to the lift. :lol:

#104 mjsjr

mjsjr

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Full Name:michael j sonson jr

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

if anyone would care here is what i have so far sorry for poor camera it was a camera phone

Attached Files

#105 mjsjr

mjsjr

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

the blower setup was for fun

#106 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Looks good so far, mine is not quite as far along as yours. The humidity is supposed to drop this week so I might be able to get some color on mine.

#107 mjsjr

mjsjr

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

i now it was was bad here for painting too i had trouble with the bed panels other than that it is a easy kit so far not liking the box stock engine

#108 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Well,they did try Chuck since there's nothing connecting the plow to the lift. :lol:

But there is something connecting the plow to the lift...the incredible power of magic! :D

#109 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

But there is something connecting the plow to the lift...the incredible power of magic! :D

As Headly Lamarr said in Blazing Saddles......Its' that voodoo that you do!

#110 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I plan on purchasing three of this kit next week. One will be used to make a '77 Jimmy, a second will be used in conjunction with the bed from the third to make a long box '73 Chevy C20, and the third will be made into a flatbed plow truck.

#111 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

I plan on purchasing three of this kit next week. One will be used to make a '77 Jimmy, a second will be used in conjunction with the bed from the third to make a long box '73 Chevy C20, and the third will be made into a flatbed plow truck.

Jordan, if you do buy three of them, order from Tower Hobbies as they have a discount if you order 3 at once and they have free shipping- hard to pass up three kits for $55 delivered to your door!

#112 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Cool, thanks for the info!

#113 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

My local hobby shop just sold out his second order of these- looks like there's quite a bit of demand! Ten model kits sold out over a period of a couple weeks in an area where model kits aren't exactly the hottest sellers. I've already reserved one from the next shipment he gets.

#114 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hopefully these sell well enough where Revell will see that people want more truck kits, especially with cool new parts.

#115 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

i got one of them and its a good looking kit the plow set up needs some work but its been a long time coming the last pickup truck kit that had a plow was a 1/20 mpc gmc truck/ same kit that had the dumpbed/firetruck/towtruck it was a long time go

#116 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

i got one of them and its a good looking kit the plow set up needs some work but its been a long time coming the last pickup truck kit that had a plow was a 1/20 mpc gmc truck/ same kit that had the dumpbed/firetruck/towtruck it was a long time go

The plow in this kit is more representative of an setup in the 70s/80s and not like the current plow set ups. That old 1/16th scale Revell kit you mentioned was not a good replica of a snow plow but considering how many kits over the years have had plows, we have to take what we can get!

#117 s10chevypu

s10chevypu

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Full Name:joseph m barbato jr

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

just picked up two kits this past weekend.When i got home and opened it up, the snow plow looked to me to be to small.so I took some measurements on it. It specs out to be a 7 foot plow in 1/25 scale 3 3/8 long. if it was a 7 foot plow in 1/24 scale it should be 3 1/2 long and a 8 foot plow in 1/24 scale should be 4 inches long, right??. so I"am thinking this plow was from a revell kit in 1/25 back in the days what do you think. joseph

#118 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,308 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

just picked up two kits this past weekend.When i got home and opened it up, the snow plow looked to me to be to small.so I took some measurements on it. It specs out to be a 7 foot plow in 1/25 scale 3 3/8 long. if it was a 7 foot plow in 1/24 scale it should be 3 1/2 long and a 8 foot plow in 1/24 scale should be 4 inches long, right??. so I"am thinking this plow was from a revell kit in 1/25 back in the days what do you think. joseph

Your math is correct as far as size goes, but this plow is totally new, and has never appeared in any kit previously.

#119 s10chevypu

s10chevypu

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Full Name:joseph m barbato jr

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

casey thank you but ok, why would anyone tool up 1/25 plow for a 1/24 kit.it's to short for the kit.let's think about is, if this truck was pushing snow to the right side of the road the snow blade would be to short on the driver of the truck. If the plow was straight should it not be a little past the front tires on both sides of the truck. oh well !!! just my point of view. joseph

#120 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,308 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

This is a guess on my part, but if Revell anticipates people buying the kit just for the snowplow, it would be better for them to make it closer to 1/25 scale than 1/24, even if the kit it is included with is 1/24 scale. It may look a little bit small on a 1/24 scale truck, but if it was 1/24 scale, it would be noticeably too large on a 1/25 scale model. I hope (think?) that makes sense.