#141 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

I've been around the UP of Michigan enough to see that none mount them on the tailgate, unless it's an SUV (Bronco, Scout, Blazers, etc.). Most that have them are mounted in the box towards the front. I haven't really seen any mounted on the plow frame, but I have seen ones mounted on non-plow trucks on a special bracket on the front, generally ones that have a camper mounted in the box. I have also seen a few that have no spare at all!

Biggest reason I think that they aren't under the bed is because the lifting/lowering mechanism has rusted out/up. :P

#142 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Phillips

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

I love the internets.  It even has experts on what other people have seen.   :P

Edited by hpiguy, 18 November 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#143 ranma

ranma

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Hainline

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

It's funny that no one mentioned that under the hood is two batteries, As far as I rember Gasoline engines only need one.

#144 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,764 posts
  • Full Name:^^^^

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:21 AM

Dual batteries were an option regardless of engine for buyers who used lots of high-amp accessories like auxiliary lights, a winch, or a plow. Diesels weren't available in the C/K Series trucks until 1982 or thereabouts. That's not counting the Olds 5.7 diesel, which was introduced as an economy engine for 1978, was only used in half tons, I don't know if those came standard with dual batteries or not.

#145 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

The shifters are actually the same, the difference is at the control box at the bottom of the column.

No. The manual column shifter had one bend near the column, for better leverage. while the automatic shifter had two bends in them, and the Column Shift with the tilt wheel (automatic only) had two bends with a more severe angle to them.