2012 Camaro Pro Mod...5.3.12Was a Camaro
Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:40 PM
This time I've re-shaped the front fenderwell, more a-pillar work and chopped the top 1mm in the back. I've also pulled the bottom of the front airdam back toward the rear of the car and curved that section...
Next on the list is to add another 2mm to the nose length, add the grill insert and start filling/smoothing. Then I should be able to move to the back and shape it up, maybe start my rear wing. I still think I'll add another 1-2mm behind the rear wheels to lengthen it up a bit.
Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:50 PM
I can't wait to see the end result.
Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:56 AM
That's looking like one cool pro-mod body! I'm probably showing my ignorance here, as the evidence might be already there in the hood area, but what type of engine are you planning to put in - blown, turbo or nitrous?
Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:14 PM
1) Top has been chopped 1mm in rear and 1.5mm in front so it will angle down a bit, think it matches the profile for this body mod
2) Remade A-pillars with a very slight arc, wanted to go with more arc, this is what i came up with
3) Nose has been lengthened 2.5mm, added about 1/3 of the way from lights to frt wheels
4) Filled in opening in hood and started defining the rear bumper
5) Did some filling/smoothing/priming, and of course more sanding
Some of the next items will be fine-tuning the nose, rear, fenderwell shape and hood-bulge. Once all that is close, I'll start adding a bit of flaring around bottom and inside of fenders.
Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:14 PM
Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:12 AM
Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:44 PM
Couple more mods
1) One grill half is in, light filling/sanding to go on it for that smooth one-pc look
2) Rear Bumper has been extended 2mm, more blending to go
3) Cut old C-pillars at their base, then narrowed rear 4mm
4) Reworked window area, from door line to C-Pillar start, going for that curve from headlights all the way to door line, then the rear fender curve.
4) After rear back together, replaced left C-pillar and pushed out 2mm towards side of car, lowered back of top 1mm more.
Next mods on the list...fine-tune proportions, smooth over rear end, more filling/sanding/smoothing and see where it stands, change from a 2010 to a 2012, thanks for looking!
Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:16 PM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:46 AM
Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:44 AM
Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:56 PM
So, instead of giving up, a friend emailed me a cool pic of a prototype 2012 Trans-Am production ride...guess you know where I'm going with this, he, he, he. New nose, new rear window area and new top from about halfway back. All of this is based on the 1978 T/A, and yes, I think it will be the "Blackbird" paint job!! The cool thing is I've never seen the 2012 T/A proto as a Pro-Mod, so I hope I'm the first....lol.
Hope you like it, planning some more work this evening....reducing headlight opening size, fenderwell flaring, light spoiler on the sides and doing something with the hood.
Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:15 PM