#321 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

Bill.... this build is just outstanding man. Its so clean and beautiful. You are getting so close to having this one done. Love the clear on the decals.

#322 Kanedge

Kanedge

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Full Name:Kane

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Just gone through this build, and I'm speechless. This would have to be one of, if not the best, model I've seen. An outstanding display of workmanship.
I didn't see though, what scale is this?

#323 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

Man-----I am just honored as hell that you would even want to build a model of the car---------------

it is my privelage Jerry, I would love to build the rear engine car too, but I have never seen one of those kits, love to get my hands on one! you need to get with revell and get them to re issue them! hehe, the car is all but completed, I have a few little things left to do, I figured I would wait till after the show to post the updates and finished pics in hopes of lureing you to the show :D do you know if you are going to make it in for show or not? really hoping to get you to sign the box top so I can frame it, that would be awesome!

#324 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

yea Chris it is all but done, have a few small things to do yet, vert pleased with the way it has turned out, I actually didn't know what to expect when I started this project, thanks bro!

Kane , it is 1/16 scale, those are some very kind words, means alot that you would say such a thing, really do appreciate it!!

#325 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

unfortunately Mr. Clayton is not going to make it to the show after an unfortunate incident, so I figured I would post a few final assy. picsPosted Imagegot the parachute completed, and the rear body sections installedPosted Imagethe rear axle and brakes are completedPosted Image

#326 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

WOW, truly amazing model building! These pictures could be from real car, but maybe I have to believe, that it's a model. Brakes look awesome. Those bolts look great too and paint looks incredible. This is fantastic build, can't wait to see it finished.

#327 Alyn

Alyn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Bill, it's refreshing to see a brake caliper that doesn't just float on the disc. Your's is actually mounted (bolted, I see) to a stationary bracket. Yet another nice attention to detail.

Really looking forward to next weeks Heartland Nationals to see this baby up close and personal. I have my camera ready.

#328 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Bill Im gonna be sending you some instructions on the correct way to pack this for shipping .........it'll also include my home address LOL!! OUTSTANDING job my friend I really enjoyed watching you put this one together.

#329 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Bill......I really enjoyed watching this California Charger come to life.........I would have to say this is in the top 10 for the "Best" model of the year.......Congrats on a fine build.......hope you bring home a bunch of gold.......it really deserves it.......good luck :)

#330 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Oh,,,,,MY,,,,,GOD

If I didn't know I would swear this was a 1/1 car

Absolutley friggen phenominal build

You should be proud, I would be

#331 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

thank you Niko!!

yea Alyn, I done my best to make it look real, I have learned alot on this car, hopefully my next will be better, I am excited for this weekend, the heartland nats. is a great show, very excited to share the car with evryone and get some feed back, see you there!

Romell, oh, you funny all right, thanks man!!

John, I can't thank you enough for all your generous words, it is very humbling coming from one of THE top builders ever!! really do appreciate it!!

thank you Bill, I am very proud of the way it turned out, I couldn't be happier with it!

#332 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

An amazing and super clean build, That Chute looks great. If you get time any details on how and what you made it from?

#333 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

here are a few more picsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image thanks for checkin it out!

#334 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Full Name:D Ryberg

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Stupendous, amazing...........all of our words can't express what we see you have done.
Sorry Romell, I already gave him my address. Ha. Imagine the UPS man showing up at your door with this piece of art boxed up for you !!!

#335 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

This is so good.....I'm not sure whether I should be amazed or certain of my inferior abilities.

You have done a great job on a kit that offers significant challenges. Your sharing of the build pictures are greatly appreciated. I doubt if anyone has ever built this kit to these standards.

Salute!

#336 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

An amazing and super clean build, That Chute looks great. If you get time any details on how and what you made it from?

thank you Joe, appreciate that, to be honest Joe I am not really sure, a friend gave me some pieces of aluminum scrap, some of it was wrapped in this stuff, its like really thick paper towel, I just used a sharpie to black it out, and I cut it out and folded the edges for a clean edge, I used fabric glue and installed it on a small piece of packing foam, the straps are vinyl patch, and I stripped some small wire and made fasteners, the center ring is a link from a necklace, sorry I'm not sure what the material is, lol

#337 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Absolutely beautiful Bill ! I'm not going to repeat what has already been said , I just want to ask you a favor . If Jerry shows up at the show "PLEASE" post some photos of the two of you with the model ( and your trophy ) !
BOB .

#338 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Stupendous, amazing...........all of our words can't express what we see you have done.
Sorry Romell, I already gave him my address. Ha. Imagine the UPS man showing up at your door with this piece of art boxed up for you !!!

This is so good.....I'm not sure whether I should be amazed or certain of my inferior abilities.

You have done a great job on a kit that offers significant challenges. Your sharing of the build pictures are greatly appreciated. I doubt if anyone has ever built this kit to these standards.

Salute!

thank you very much Dave! I guess you and Romell are gonna have to wrestle for it, (don't think I would want to wrestle Rom myself) LOL

Mike, I am glad to have it finished finally, I bought the kit one year ago at last years Heartland show, I am happy with the way it turned out, even though its not 100% accurate, like Mr. Teresi says, it's good enough for the girls I go with, thanks for following along and all your help!

#339 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

Absolutely beautiful Bill ! I'm not going to repeat what has already been said , I just want to ask you a favor . If Jerry shows up at the show "PLEASE" post some photos of the two of you with the model ( and your trophy ) !
BOB .

thanks Bob, unfortunatly Mr. Clayton had a family emergency, he will not be able to attend the show, he did say he will be more than happy to meet up this summer and visit and check out the car, I will post pics when we do meet

#340 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Bill , I just finished reading the posts and see that Jerry won't be making it to the show . I hope he is doing well . In any case , do post some photos of the show .
BOB .