#1 Daniel Peterson

Daniel Peterson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Peterson

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:56 AM

Or something ridiculously close to it. We met someone at a show who wants one built to match his vehicle, but the body is not exactly jumping off the shelves at us.

Here's what the car looks like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ideas and/or recommendations welcome.

#2 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:29 AM

I would start with the incorrectly proportioned AMT '33/'34 Ford sedan. Turn it into a 4-door. The '34 Ford grille is VERY close to the shape of the one on the 1:1 car, but would need to be "thickened" with sheet plastic. The fenders and frame covers need to be reworked. Those EXACT wheels are found in the AMT '66 Riviera kit. I'm sure whatever engine he's running can be found in 25th scale. I think it would be a fairly involved project, but for one million dollars, I'll do it. :wink:

#3 Daniel Peterson

Daniel Peterson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Peterson

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

...I'm sure whatever engine he's running can be found in 25th scale. I think it would be a fairly involved project, but for one million dollars, I'll do it. :wink:

It's a 350 chevy...will you do it for, oh...I dunno, half price now? 8)

#4 Modelmartin

Modelmartin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  • Full Name:Mr. Yuk

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

Pyro did a 33 Plymouth 4-door in 1/32. Quality is so-so. That car in the pics has a 33 hood. The 34 had opening vent doors on the hood sides. The rest of the car is almost identical. When I do see those Pyro 33s on Ebay they actually go for pretty good dough. $40-60.00 is typical.

In 1/25 there is nothing close andI have not ever heard of one in Resin. I might have to consider that one. A longer nose makes it a Dodge. HMMM!

Full disclosure - I had a 33 Plymouth 4-door in high school which I attempted to build a street rod out of. I realized I did not have the skills, knowledge or equipment to do it so I sold it. :cry: Some one did finish it and it is still running around out there. It is easy to spot with a 4" chop top!

#5 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

I would start with the 34 Chevy sedan from R&R...
Posted Image
Posted Image

the fender unit is very close to what you need the body would need some work, but it's close