Shawn, if you're not aware, this site featured your awesome work some days ago:
Cool. Thanks for that. I've posted this build on two other forums and I have seen it on three more forums where others had posted parts of it but that is the first non-model site that I have seen it on. Has anybody seen it or posted it anywhere else? I don't mind if it gets around just as long as my name is used as the builder.
Ok time for some update pics. I have been working on the engine bay this week. Here's the real thing.
13.jpg 107.9KB 16 downloads
I intend to do it in three sections, the top flat section which will be attached to the body and the sides which wiil be mated with the chassis.
I started out with the back and sides. I shaped some strip styrene for the back and added some strips for the sides.
I then cut out a large section of evergreen sheet, cut out the middle and bent the sides up.
Glued it in and trimmed the back to match the piece that I put in earlier.
I started detailing it with a section that goes on the front. It's made from several bits of strip shaped and glued together.
I glued that onto the front of the top of the engine bay an added some strips up the sides.
I added some lumps and bumps onto the sides.
I made a little bracket for the back corner, cut out the holes in the front corners and the slots for the latch then hit it with some primer and it was done.
The bonnet fits without any interference but only just.
That's it for now. I'll now shift my attention to doing the sides. There are lots of tricky curves and angles to work on so it may be a while before I get them right.
Til then, Thanks for your comments and for your continued interest.