Thanks again. You are all very generous with your praise. Here is another quick update for you all.
This week I made a mould of the sump and trans mount and cast them in resin.
I found a gearbox in my spares box and cut it up.
I glued both the gearbox and the trans mount onto the chassis.
I then cut a section of evergreen sheet and glued it to the top of the gearbox.. This will sit inbetween the front chassis rails.
I added the gearbox extension and a CV joint, I also continued detailing the main underbody. The driveshaft is temporary until I figure out how I'm going to do the rear section.
I cut a section out of the sump that was the same width of the crossmember and made a dummy oil filter and pulley/belt.
Once I had glued everything together I ran some Tamiya liquid primer around the areas that butted up against each other. I also made a sway bar.
Everything fits nicely where it is supposed to sit.
It's cold, windy and rainy where I am at the moment so I haven't had the chance to hit it with some primer yet. Still plenty to do so stay tuned my friends.