What tools are you using for this build? Tim
Hi Tim. I'm not using any really special tools for this just the basic stuff like x-acto blades, a pencil, a steel ruler, small drillbits, a scriber, lots of sand paper etc.
Yesterday I had hoped to continue on from what I gave you but my computer and Imageshack weren't the best of friends so I pulled the plug for the night.
Here is more of the engine. I added a distributor from a Tamiya Sierra and a fan from a '69 Camaro, The fan is mounted on a scratch built pulley. I also made an oil filter from a bit of evergreen tube.
The air cleaner is made from an 80's Mustang air cleaner and parts of 2 wheel backs as well as evergreen.
The alternator is from a 64 Mustang and it's mounted to a scratchbuilt A/C unit. Both parts are dressed up with MCG PE.
The bell housing is originally from a 64 Mustang. I sanded off all of the kit detail and replaced it with my own.
The starter motor is from the same Tamiya kit that the distributor is from.The belts are just some tape.
I also had to make the gearbox. It's a Borg-Warner 4 speed single rail.
One thing that's missing from the engine at the moment is the exhaust manifold. It's a really odd shape thats hard to replicate and it's had me stumped for a while so instead of putting the whole project on hold I decided to worry about it later and to move on to the interior.
Thanks for your kind comments guys. I'm glad you guys are liking what you are seeing. Don't be affraid to holler out any questions that you may have. I'll be happy to answer.
Next up- The interior.