'70 Ford Torino E/Stock Eliminator
Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:24 PM
Chassis paint looks good.
Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:37 AM
. Thanks Dave!
After my "Birthday-party" on Sunday, I sprayed some blue as overspray to the chassis. It didn't turn out perfect, actually it's far away from it but the best I could do with spray can. Then I painted the Gas Tank, or actually the visible part of it black. Next assembling the chassis!
Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:59 PM
There's actually much more work in these Stockers, than many people would think. Next I'm moving on to paint all chassis parts and get it on four wheels. I guess it is ready on winter/spring 2013.
Edited by W-409, 04 December 2012 - 08:00 PM.
Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:20 AM
It means alot when coming such a Talented builder as you.
Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:04 PM
Your '57 Chevy Pro Mod looks fantastic, that one gives alot of inspiration to keep going with these Sportsman class cars too.
I should have an update later today. I will be working with the interior and chassis, stay tuned.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:23 PM
A little update, I scratchbuilt the Fuel Filter from styrene tubing and added those fittings to it. The Fuel Line is made from Home Made "Braided Line". Next I'm moving on to scratchbuilding the Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure Regulator. After that I can complete the fuel lines.
Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:48 AM
This has been waiting for a while, but now it seems that it's back on the bench.
It was real Stock Eliminator day today. We installed the Transmission and Engine to our 1:1 '74 Chevelle Stocker and then I continued working this one. Maybe the biggest problem was to find correct front tires, but the problem was solved when another Finnish Model Builder cast some Good Year Frontrunners in Resin. I bought four pairs of them, and one will be located in this one.
Cleanup was very easy to do, and the wheels I was going to use, fitted perfectly on those tires.
Also I painted the front Subframe, and actually all other chassis parts. Hope to have it on Four Wheels soon...
Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:23 AM
I was able to get it on Four Wheels Yesterday. Everything was fitting nicely and it looked pretty good, until I test fitted the body on place, and realized that the Rear Tires don't fit inside the body. They were close, but no. So then I had to take the rear tires off, and I will be sanding those wheels from backside a bit, since they are just a little wider than kit wheels were, and then I will sand those inner wheels/Brake parts or whatever they are, so the tires would fit inside the body. This means that I have to do the same thing for the front too, because otherwise the measure from tire to tire would be wider in Front than rear.
If I can get these things done by tomorrow, I will post some more pictures. Actually now I have already done the sanding for the front tires, and the rears are coming next. But then the assembly will take some more time again, and maybe tomorrow everything is dried, so I can move the chassis to the "Picture Studio".
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:42 AM
Well I got the Torino back on Four Wheels. As you can see from the pictures, it needs Driveshaft Loop, some Steering Parts for the front, Fuel Lines need to be connected etc. But it's coming along.
Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:27 AM
Everything looks great Niko. Good choice getting four pair of tires, your friend did a good casting job.
Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:27 AM
Beautiful work Niko!! does the resin caster you got the frontrunners from have a website?
Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:07 AM
Thanks guys for the kind words!
The Resin Caster doesn't have a Website, and those Frontrunners are not sold publicly. At least for now. But yes, they are top notch quality!
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:21 AM
The bodywork is done. I glued the rear panel to the body, and filled the seams with Liquid Glue, sanding, more liquid glue and more sanding-method. That means I didn't have to use any putty at all, which is always great. Then I primered the body with Maston Primer. That one turned out better than I thought, so after the first primer coat was dry, I just sanded the body over all smooth and painted some Blue. At the same time I painted other, smaller body parts blue too and the front spoiler with Flat Black.
Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:27 AM
Looking good, don't forget the drive shaft loop near the front yolk ....
Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:50 AM
Thanks Alan, the Driveshaft Loop is installed now, but looks like I forgot to take a picture of it... Anyway when the body was dry, I decided to test fit it to chassis, and everything fit really nicely. Then I put the decals on, those Cobra Jet textes are from the kit, others are from my parts box. Now I'll let it dry for a couple of days, and then spray a clear coat on it.
Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:51 AM