Excellent progress Niko. Love your work.
'70 Ford Torino E/Stock Eliminator
Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:14 PM
Niko... This is looking great buddy. Keep up the good work man!!
Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:12 PM
Thanks guys, those kind words are greatly appreciated.
Well here is a picture of the Driveshaft Loop. As I did on my Nova build, this is scratchbuilt from Beer Can Aluminium. I'm still planning to add a couple of bolt & nut ends to it, if I can find any...
Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:05 AM
I got some clear over the body Today. I hope it looks good after the clear coat is completely dry, but at least I liked it as wet. Now I will let it dry properly before I will start polishing it, but on the meanwhile, there is some engine and chassis detailing to do...
Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:59 AM
Niki, The body looks great!
What brand of paint and clear did you use?
Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:00 PM
Thanks Michael! I used paint and clear by Maston, which makes good quality paints that are not designed only for Model Kits or anything else, but they are meant to be used for whatever the buyer wants. Those can be found from the hardware stores. I don't know if there are Maston paints in the USA though. But these work well, I've painted whole lot different kinds of things with these paints.
Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:51 AM
A little update for the Torino. I clear coated the Hood and it turned out pretty good. It is wet in the picture, and now it's not that shiny, but pretty shiny and smooth anyway. I will polish the body parts next week, I guess. Also I removed all unnecessary stuff from the Fan Belt system, so now there is only one belt from Engine to Alternator. I test fitted that on place, and everything fits. I need to make a bracket for the Alternator before I can install anything. Also the Shifter got the red LineLock switch on it. Still I need to wire it.
Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:26 AM
Here is a picture of the Shifter installed and then I wired the Line Lock button. Still need to scratchbuild the Line Lock to the Firewall, but that's coming later. Also I installed the Center Console on its place again.
Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:18 AM
After more than a year sitting in the box the Torino is Back!
Yesterday while the '55 Bel Air was drying I decided to do some work with this. It's not too far away from being done, but as it has been sitting for a while I will have to re-do some things because I'm not happy with how I did those things before. So yesterday I started by taking the scratchbuilt water pump away. It didn't look like real Electric Water Pump from Proform does, so I built another one. First thing was to go to the garage and take some measurements to see what size tubing I should use. The center part, which is round, is just mold sprue as it was just perfect size. Otherwise it's just square tubing. After I glued those three parts together and took the picture, I added some putty on the water pump. I will sand it smooth today and hopefully it's ready to be painted.
This is how it should look. In the picture I'm taking some measurements to help with the scratchbuilding.
My scratchbuilt part VS the old one I did.
Another thing I'm going to do is rebuilding the carburetor linkage. Now I have a Photo Etch carburetor linkage set, so I'll be using that one. Also there were some other problems with the carburetor so it got some putty as well. I'm hoping to get that smoothed out today so I can paint it and start with the linkages.
Here is the Rochester with some putty on it.
Other things I will have to do is polishing the body, BMF and of course a lot of detail work before I can start the final assembly. But it's getting closer and closer slowly. However, my main focus will be on the '55 Bel Air for now, I'll work on this while the Chevy is drying. But I promise this is going to be finished in 2014!
Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:20 PM
Body color and decals look great. You doing great detail work Niko...
Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:17 AM
Very very nice work so far!! Looking forward to seeing more!!!!
Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:55 AM
Thanks Fellas! I appreciate the kind comments and it feels very good to have this one back on the bench!
This is a very tiny update, but I decided to post it anyway. While my scratchbuilt parts for the '55 Bel Air were drying I painted the water pump. I had sanded the putties smooth earlier and when I painted it there were no flaws that would need more putty or anything. So after I had painted most of the water pump with Tamiya's Red, I painted the end of it with Humbrol Flat Black just like real Proform parts are painted.
Now back to the '55. Stay tuned as there should be an update coming later today in that thread if everything goes alright (I remember to post the update, take the pics, and of course...Get the part done! ).
Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:29 AM
Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:01 PM
Sorry to tell you now but the sump for the gas tank is backwards sorry