Model Cars Magazine Forum

hope this does not scare anyone

i did this just to sell on ebay about two years ago. this is a 1/6 scale model that i made up from different things. its called the unfound dead. the skeleton was from an educational kit that i put together and aged the bones. i then took a 1/6 scale german soldier uniform and aged and tattered it. i wanted it to look like a soldier that had been shot and killed in a ditch and the body has not yet been found. i made him to be fully poseable. you can draw your own cocnclusions as to what happened to him as you look at it.

Captured2010-3-900003.jpg

Captured2010-3-900000.jpg

Captured2010-3-900004.jpg

Captured2010-3-900001.jpg

Captured2010-3-900002.jpg

Captured2010-3-900008.jpg

Captured2010-3-900005.jpg

Captured2010-3-900006.jpg

Captured2010-3-900007.jpg

Here on this forum, builds like this are still considered model building, NOT something you are posting to give the millions of children who build models in this country nightmares.

Very well done, and what I like about your work and your model building skills is that you thrive on variety.

Thank you for sharing your work.

And, of course, I wonder if you've seen that great documentary called MARWENCOL? Check it out, it's all about playing with this scale.

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Here on this forum, builds like this are still considered model building, NOT something you are posting to give the millions of children who build models in this country nightmares.

Very well done, and what I like about your work and your model building skills is that you thrive on variety.

Thank you for sharing your work.

And, of course, I wonder if you've seen that great documentary called MARWENCOL? Check it out, it's all about playing with this scale.

i will try to find it. thank cranky

i worked with a British gentleman who used to work for BP in North Africa; his work detailed him to go out and survey pipelines and other tasks that had him out in the desert where most of the fighting was between the British 8th Army and the Afrika Korps. he told me that it was common to come upon isolated scenes of extreme violence that had played out thirty years before, and never properly recovered. chilling, he said, to find lost men and their i.d. tags.....

bone fragments, he said, are much lighter than stone or sand and stay on top of the ground until weather wears them away, bleached ivory white by the Sun....

looking it over once again; might i suggest that you make an ID tag for poor lost Franz here.... both halves intact. metal, oval, seamed down the middle with information on both halves, so that half is taken by his CO and half is left with him for Graves Registration, or whatever the Wehrmacht called that unit. one more chilling detail....

i'd replace his k98 with one that has a working bolt, rust the bolt open. he didn't go down without a fight.

looking it over once again; might i suggest that you make an ID tag for poor lost Franz here.... both halves intact. metal, oval, seamed down the middle with information on both halves, so that half is taken by his CO and half is left with him for Graves Registration, or whatever the Wehrmacht called that unit.

Wehrmachtsauskunftstelle für Kriegerverluste und Kriegsgefangene (WASt)

one more chilling detail....

i'd replace his k98 with one that has a working bolt, rust the bolt open. he didn't go down without a fight.

That and a bunch of spent shell casings.

G

Edited by Agent G

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...