#21 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

I mix a lot of paints for brushing on.  My handiest containers are for keeping the mixed paints.  I use the bottle caps from 20 oz. Coke/Pepsi bottles to mix in.  I found that the light blue bottle caps from Evian water would snap onto the pop bottle caps and seal tightly.  My mixed paints will store for weeks to months.  Only issue I've found is that the more recent Evian caps may not have as long a leader at the bottom below the threads, and may not snap on now. 

#22 kennb

kennb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Full Name:Kenneth Borst

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I found these at a garage sale,,,,they are empty chubs baby wipes....they look like legos.......................

Attached Files

#23 ffreak

ffreak

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Danny Edwards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

The sandwich meats little plastic boxes with the snap on lids are great also for storing parts, paints, glues. The wife uses them for leftovers, but I snag a few for my parts when she ain't looking !!!  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#24 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,843 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I know what you're talking about, Danny.  I must have 50 or 60 of them ready for storage.  The supply I have won't be replenished since Marcia has retired and doesn't have to take lunch to work anymore.

#25 retroguy

retroguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Full Name:Michael

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

powdered drink mixes that come in plastic containers w/lids,metal cans from tuna,ravioli,and so on so forth(a good can opener will not leave an edge that will cut or just use electrical/masking tape),that's my 2 cents...