#21 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm not trying to be a smartalec here... The topic is 40 Ford Woody... I see a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery with interior wood panels... Is there going to be wood on the exterior of the body...???

#22 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Booz

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm not trying to be a smartalec here... The topic is 40 Ford Woody... I see a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery with interior wood panels... Is there going to be wood on the exterior of the body...???

I agree with you. No the exterior will not have any wood on it. I was just going off of what they called it on the box. I don't agree they should be calling it a woodie either but I was just going with it. However I was trying to keep at least some of the Woodie-ness about the build with the interior.
Posted Image

#23 midengineaddict

midengineaddict

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Full Name:Luc St-Pierre speedfreak

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

wow... i love this model, good job t'ill now,

#24 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hope you keep it going Bill, whatever you call it. I saw the Beach Boys in a music video singing their song about a '34 woody, while driving on the beach in a 34 pickup full of surf boards. Call it what you like I still like it.

#25 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Thank you for your support and interest Ron, The building will continue for sure brother! I think it will pull together just fine and I'll be proud to show it off for those wanting to see. I did get the trim on the interior panels BMF'ed and put down some flocking. I also got the poly done on the wood. I was really looking forward to using the bucket seats in this kit till I relized how poorly designed they were. It was a let down and I was at a loss. I did manage to come up with a nice set of buckets though out of my parts box. I believe they came out of a Honda civic kit. They are beeing striped now. No pics as of yet but I will update when I get a little further.

#26 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ok folks, I've got some progress to share. I got the interior wood panels installed as well as made some floor rails out of sheet stock and bmf'ed. I got the replacement buckets striped from previous paint and test fitted. As you can see they are not fitting. So I took the base from the ugly kit seats and while it helped still not 100%. So I will have to remove the controlls from the sides of the seats. I'm off to shape up the seats and get ready for paint as well as decorate the interior door skins and start on the engine. No body work has been done due to the third striaght day of rain here. Will update soon.....
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Looking good Bill, that interior is coming out real nice.

#28 cahilj

cahilj

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Full Name:James Cahill

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I like the panelling in contrast to the black carpet. Nice scheme.

#29 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Awesome build

#30 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

This is looking very sweet there Mr Bill. The wood accents are on point.

It needs some color bud.

Bob

#31 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Lookin' good, Bill! I knew you'd make good use of that stuff. Can't wait to see body paint and that 427!

#32 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Lookin' good, Bill! I knew you'd make good use of that stuff. Can't wait to see body paint and that 427!

Thanks again for the hook up Hugh! I was wondering where you were at. Good to see you on here.

Thanks again for the comments folks. Its been busy here for me lately but I should get some build time in tomorrow for at least the first half of the day. There calling for rain the next two days but I'm aiming for some color the first part of the week.

#33 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Got a update for you guys. Laid some paint today. It turned out pretty good, its got a couple boogers in there that should rub out. It don't look like a whole lot of polishing will be needed on this on. That's a first for me! No clear coat on this one as I want to give a feel for the paint of this era. I've got most of the interior done and moving into assembly with it. I think a may play with some half stock and do some kind of tuck and roll design to dress up the inner door panels some. I know my craftsmanship leaves something to be desired but this is up there with some of my best work and I'm pretty happy with how the build is going. Should be seeing more and more updates as assembly is really starting to take off.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

That's a beaut!! Nice color. I'm anxious to see it come together.

#35 slammedi'am

slammedi'am

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Harrold

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Nice build!

#36 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Mr. Bill this is looking nice my friend, that dash is killer. Paint is glass smooth..

#37 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,874 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

That is looking really nice! B)

#38 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

It's looking real nice Bill!! What kind of paint did you paint it with and what's the color?

#39 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yeah Bill why don't you explain a little about the paint you used :P

#40 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

First off I want to thank everyone for your comments. It means a lot to me so thank you.

Roger, I thought it best to show you as it is an off the wall brand. Its called Dem-Kote. The color is John Deere Green. Also got some pics of the hood, which I had to paint today along with the rear door and visor, I'll get to that in a minute. Also a progress pic of the engine. I gotta say a little something about this here engine too, its one of the most ill fitting projects that I've come across, so unless you want a good challenge and something to work for, I don't recommend getting one.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image