#41 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I thought that looked like John Deere green! That's why I was asking Bill. I have a John Deere tractor that's going to need that color. You know what would be cool? John Deere yellow on the wheels!

#42 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Booz

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yeah Bill why don't you explain a little about the paint you used :P

So since my butt-headed friend here (who which by the way prefers goats over women :P ) knows the story and brought it up so here it is. I'm a forklift technician by trade. One day I was at a customer servicing they're lift and I acquired this can of paint. I thought, I know the perfect build for this color, which is this kit I won on a raffle at my model car club. So yesterday I painted the two body sections as posted above. Well... I ran out of paint before I got to the hood, rear door, and visor. So I was really bummed cause I had forgotten where it was I got this paint and knew it was an odd paint. I googled it and searched for an hour last night trying to find this paint. The only thing that I could find remotely common was a store called Grainger. So I trucked it on over their today and didn't see it on the shelves. I searched the catalog and found it! Man what a relief that was. So today when I got home I was able to finish the paint. The best part is its a cheap enamel that only cost me $3.22! So needless to say, I'm gona look at what other colors this company offers for future builds.

#43 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I thought that looked like John Deere green! That's why I was asking Bill. I have a John Deere tractor that's going to need that color. You know what would be cool? John Deere yellow on the wheels!

I thought about putting some yellow in there but didn't want it to look like a tractor scheme. Nothing wrong with that I just didn't want it to get associated with John Deere. If you want to paint your tractor though you won't go broke doing it with this paint and it will look good.

#44 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Got to get me some of that Dem Koat Bill :lol: I am glad you found it man and of all places Grainger would be the one, they have over 999,999 parts haha. That engine looks really good for the fit it is giving you.

#45 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Very nice green MrBill. They say genius level people pick green vehicles. What's your excuse?

LOLOLOLZZZ.

Honestly, it looks great buddy.

See you at the shop.

B

#46 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

I have some mock up shots for you guys after paint here. Next will be some finished shots of the interior. Then all I'll have is to polish and put the finishing touches on the body. Also I've had to scrap the 427 and go with the kit supplied engine as it would take a far amount of cutting and modifying to get it to fit and I was already too far into the painting process and interior work, as I would have had to make a much bigger trans tunnel.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 c-man405

c-man405

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Full Name:carter pelletier

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

im liking the color

#48 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

I'll start off by adding the rest of the build up pics, then I'll show the finished interior.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

And here are the finished pics. I finished it up yesterday. It was a good learning experience as I used some materials for the first time and played with the body giving it some mods. I'm really happy with how the paint turned out so I can put another notch in my belt as far as that goes. Some things I still need to focus on are the pre-paint steps and my fabrication work. I thought I had addressed all the fit issues but after paint did see some things that could have been done better. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I want to thank all you guys for your support and interest. I also want to thank Basher for the materials for the interior. That defiantly put this build up to another level.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

That looks wicked Bill, your paint work is becoming flawless. The whole build looks great, but I really love the work you put into the interior.

#51 rctruk

rctruk

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Bard

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Great job

#52 Joker

Joker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Full Name:James Scott

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Outstanding build Bill.
Really like the rim/tire choice ..all business.
The interior wood work is neat and utilitarian.
Paint polish rocks !

James aka Joker

#53 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Oooooooh Bill that is Gorgeous, I love it, one of the best '40 Fords I've seen.

Nick

#54 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

KOO-WULL! Everything about it came out great. The flattie looks good. Paint and interior really nice. Great job, Bill.

#55 bryan_m

bryan_m

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Full Name:Bryan Mccallum

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

man that is cool!! its nice and low, and its got a flattie in it!

great work.
cheers
bryan

#56 JunkPile

JunkPile

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Saxton

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

That all came together real nice. Thanks for the progress reports. Looks great inside and out!

#57 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,173 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

Kewl! NICE JOB!

Personally, I think the flattie works better with thi sbuild than the exotic modern mill would have.

B)

#58 JustBill

JustBill

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Thanks everybody for the complements! It looks pretty good up on the shelf.

I agree Danno, while it would have been a cool thing to put that 427 in there its just not suited with the style of this build. Although, now that I have a half finished 427 I'll be looking for a victim to throw it in. Thanks again guys!!