Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your geegaws!

about the bongos, see second or so page of thread because they were already mentioned.

I just saw this on ebay, is it the chrome sprue shown above but with more trophies?

$_1.JPG

anyone know where that sprue comes from?

now at the top of page 4 or so is a big collection of trophies.

stuff10_18_12003-vi.jpg

one in particular is very rare, intricate and sought after. it is in the upper left corner of the photo I reproduced here. unfortunately the part(s) shown there are only about half of the show, there are at least 6 very delicate angel figures and one large trophy cup with a larger angel figure on top of it. this was from the Uncertain T and I have been looking for parts for it for a long time...I have whats shown in the pic, but in resin, but the resin angels were too flash to even use, broke every one of them trying to clean them up. anyway who evers photo that was ought to look around for the rest of it cause it will be worth money if it was complete...I would probably be prepared to offer 50$ but I would also probably be outbid handily for it on ebay at that price.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

about the bongos, see second or so page of thread because they were already mentioned.

I just saw this on ebay, is it the chrome sprue shown above but with more trophies?

$_1.JPG

anyone know where that sprue comes from?

now at the top of page 4 or so is a big collection of trophies.

stuff10_18_12003-vi.jpg

one in particular is very rare, intricate and sought after. it is in the upper left corner of the photo I reproduced here. unfortunately the part(s) shown there are only about half of the show, there are at least 6 very delicate angel figures and one large trophy cup with a larger angel figure on top of it. this was from the Uncertain T and I have been looking for parts for it for a long time...I have whats shown in the pic, but in resin, but the resin angels were too flash to even use, broke every one of them trying to clean them up. anyway who evers photo that was ought to look around for the rest of it cause it will be worth money if it was complete...I would probably be prepared to offer 50$ but I would also probably be outbid handily for it on ebay at that price.

jb

The chrome tree above is in AMT's Customizing Series from the late 80's.The series included a 49 merc,50 ford,66 Buick,and 66 T-Bird.

Didn't the "Touch Tone Terror" (disguised Little Red Wagon kit) come with a phone booth?

Yep it sure did it was called the(ding a ling)....me myself I LOVE the little accessories the kits came with I collect them and use them in dioramas cant get enough of them...scale figures were great too.

• 11 months later...

...thought that cat looked familiar. It's from the old monogram piper tripacer kit...

Though the pic was scrounged from the net, I remember getting this kit in the early seventies on a trip to Spokane. Neat figures, too.

I've got an old amt phonograph around here somewhere amongst other doodads...

mike

57prtrpcr.jpg

Edited by mk11

the rifle explains why the "cat so flat".

reminds me of the first thing i ever bought from an advertisement on the back cover of a comic book. for a mere 50 cents (1958 cents, probably 20 bucks now), i could have an entire foot locker of action soldiers. after a bit of finagling of the finances, Mom gave me the okay to order.

well, when i got my foot locker, it was the cardboard shipping box about the size of an animal crackers box, the action soldiers were flatter than the cat. they had bases but were pretty much two-dimensional. i guess it was the perfect battle tactic because if turned sideways, they couldn't be seen by the enemy.soldiers_zpsuarirxbs.png

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

If you'd like to add a model airplane to your model car, look for sets of 1/700 scale airplanes intended for model aircraft carriers and small-scale dioramas, which is close to 1/32 scale in 1/25, if you follow me. Here's a P-51D in British markings on the seat of an AMT Cobra I built for an IMPS "British Subjects" them night back in the '90s. (Those who know about P-51s and their engines will get the very subtle double joke in this model). I scratched the box out of brown grocery bag. Second pic shows the P-51 on a dime, with an Xacto for size comparison. My eyes were better in those days.

There are now a lot of 1/144 scale model airplanes available. These would work out to 1/6 scale in 1/24--not out of the question for a large scale RC airplane. I've been meaning to do one for the bed of an El Camino for some time now.

Thanks Snake for bringing this thread back. It was fun to go through. And I'm amazed at much of what's shown I have, or have had in the past. Never really found much use for the stuff. But, I loved when the old kits included such things. And I like that Round 2 has put a lot of that stuff back out.

Edited by unclescott58

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2012 at 7:24 AM, dragcarz said:

Some of the stuff Ive collected over the years, My favorite has to be the work bench, I have no clue where it came from...any clues?....it did have a spotlight moulded to the top, and it looked very unrealistic so I shaved it off. My plans are to include it in my MRC Texaco station. I also really like the face mask.... dont know where this came from either.

post-7796-0-96770300-1356009703_thumb.jp

post-7796-0-92040100-1356009711_thumb.jp

The floor jack and A-frame/hoist are from the AMT '61 (and I think '62) Buick Special Wagon kit:

AMT61BuickSpecialWagongeegaws.jpg.7ff7ebd3aad3dc0c6b37258d3cd8f3ac.jpg

Spear gun, tape recorder, parking meter, SCUBA gear, mini Kat from AMT, racing helmet, and a "mascot" (a racoon?), all found in the AMT '63 Ford Thunderbird hardtop kit (thanks to Mike W for the kit ID.):

AMT1963ThunderbirdHT6geegwaws.jpg.b00296a97202f47c71c5f3e9faca1315.jpg

Edited by Casey

The floor jack and A-frame/hoist are from the AMT '61 (and I think '62) Buick Special Wagon kit:

AMTBuickSpecialWagon5.jpg

Not sure which AMT 1963 ___________ kit the below are from, but the speargun, parking meter(!), and mini Kat from AMT are all from the same kit:

WP_20161111_013.jpg

WP_20161111_019.jpg

WP_20161111_017.jpg

WP_20161111_015.jpg

From the '63 T-Bird hardtop 

On 11/11/2016 at 2:27 PM, pack rat said:

Yes, there should be another piece that completes the top shell

Perfect, thank you.

Here are a few more accessories/doo-dads/thing-a-ma-jigs found in both the AMT '64 Thunderbird hardtop and convertible kits:

AMT64ThunderbirdHTgeegaws.jpg.584917eae7b150a914599edc73bf2050.jpg

Edited by Casey

I remember having a Shelby Mustang model that came with a record with the sounds of Carroll Shelby driving around a race track (Riverside?). The record was 45 rpm and made of cardboard. Shelby narrated the drive, telling what gear and rpm, and which turn or straightaway he was in. I think it was about 1967. Anyone else remember that?

Sam

I remember having a Shelby Mustang model that came with a record with the sounds of Carroll Shelby driving around a race track (Riverside?). The record was 45 rpm and made of cardboard. Shelby narrated the drive, telling what gear and rpm, and which turn or straightaway he was in. I think it was about 1967. Anyone else remember that?

Sam

the kit that had the record was the annual AMT 68 SHELBY GT500, that was released in late '68 ......the artwork showed a green car on the box parked in front of an office or apartment building. I received it as a  gift amongst several muscle car kits that xmas, and just loved it. that first issue was the only one to include the record, and the printed picture on the record was actually of a 67 Shelby.....one of my all time most memorable xmas's, and a favorite kit of mine to this day.......the Ace......:)