#61 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

The Tractor is Houe of Kolors Passion Pearl..

Dave

#62 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Very nice and SHINY :) :) :) .

#63 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

That trailer is GREAT!! I'm not sure if you mentioned it before, but will it have ERB markings like the Lonestar? I've been noticing ERB trucks while on the road and noticed most of their trailers are these Great Danes. I'd love to build a nice ERB Lonestar and trailer after I figure out someway to build while I'm living in the house that Peterbilt! :lol:

Also, I notice you live in Mishawaka. Maybe sometime we could meet up and you can get some ideas for hopefully a couple more future Moebius kits, a 2012 Peterbilt 386 and Wabash 53 foot dry van with Werner markings! :lol: ;)

#64 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Yes the kit will have a set of current Erb Transport decals - to match the LoneStar..

#65 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yes the kit will have a set of current Erb Transport decals - to match the LoneStar..

COOL! I have to start getting some reference pics at the truck stops! :lol:

#66 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Looks nice. Will the Thermo King unit have the proper decals? (Logo, Model Designation, control panel decals, etc)

#67 jekylljr

jekylljr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Full Name:steve lyons

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Dave amazing work with this trailer erb details will suit this trailer perfectly good choice keep up the amazing work

#68 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for sharing these pics with us!!!!!!

#69 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Sorry, there will be no Thermo King logos etc.. we have no license for that right now.

Dave

#70 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Sorry, there will be no Thermo King logos etc.. we have no license for that right now.

Dave

Interesting. I guess I will have to fire up my Alps!

#71 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Dave

Well, that'll give Keith Marks something to do.

B) - Posted Image

#72 cowboysevens

cowboysevens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Full Name:dennis gregory

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

thanks a bunch for keeping us informed with the new builds dave, it is much apreciated. yall have done a fine job. i cant wait to get my hands on a couple of them trailers and prostars !!!!! :blink: :D B)

#73 Semi Trailer Mechanic

Semi Trailer Mechanic

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the update!

#74 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Dave , Thank you for the updates,and looking to more kits down the road.

#75 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

You guys seen this trailer fully built and decorated on Tim's trucks site? It's a looker! I could imagine one with the sides all finished with baremetal foil... It sure looks good without joints down the sides and roof. Tons of customs are going to be built off this kit. 3 axles, 3 axles with lift axle, no reefer unit, spread axles with tool boxes, custom painted ones, trains, stainless sides, you name it. Now if I could just get myself to build a tractor to put in front of one!

I agree with you man this thing can go sooooo many ways when it comes to building one up.
I'm waiting for one for a custom O/O KW that I have planned.
Any idea of a release date Dave?

#76 borz666

borz666

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:Chris

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I agreed with all comments, but why do we have 10 hole chrome wheels? A missed opportunity (again) for some 2 Hole Budds.
I'm not a hater, just sayin'

Chris

#77 Chad

Chad

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Full Name:Chad

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

You guys seen this trailer fully built and decorated on Tim's trucks site? It's a looker! I could imagine one with the sides all finished with baremetal foil... It sure looks good without joints down the sides and roof. Tons of customs are going to be built off this kit. 3 axles, 3 axles with lift axle, no reefer unit, spread axles with tool boxes, custom painted ones, trains, stainless sides, you name it. Now if I could just get myself to build a tractor to put in front of one!

where's it at on Tims site? I can't find it anywhere! I want to see it all decked out, and when it comes out I WILL be covering it fully in bare metal foil the high polished chrome and creating a spread axle and "airing out" the bags to put it behind a custom kw or Lonestar....and one built fully stock with 2 hole budds behind an fld condo , flb conversion or a prostar decked out in Crete Carrier Corporation livery.

We'll see, as for release date, I was looking on Tower Hobbies yesterday and it said June release date for both the prostar and the trailer....retail is going to be 44.99 on the trailer and 59.99 on the prostar.

Chad

#78 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

where's it at on Tims site? I can't find it anywhere!

Right here: http://public.fotki....at-dane-reefer/

#79 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

You are right Chris, it is a missed opportunity. I think it was a case of using what they had as well as the so called "bling factor" that makes it look pretty with the 10 holes.

No missed opportunity. It was stated in an earlier Great Dane update that the the wheels from the Lonestar would be used on the reefer for cost reasons. There are excellent resin steel wheels available from a number of aftermarket suppliers for reasonable prices.

#80 truckman1981

truckman1981

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Full Name:Chris

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I guess I am confused as to why the wheels are such a big issue? We all have different taste in models that is what makes this hobby fun. If we all liked the same things it would be very boring. I guess what I am trying to say it comes with chrome wheels so if they are not what you like then ok get some two hole steel wheels like stated above from a caster. I am sure Ben Wicker or Jamie could help anyone with these requests. I just would hate for Moebieus to quit trying to put these great models out for us model truckers becuase they simply just cannot please anyone! Thanks and sorry if I offended anyone.