What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

• You cannot reply to this topic
281 replies to this topic

#201 epi4561

epi4561

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:Garry Robinson

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Well, mines not very cool but I I've had it since 1999, so it will have to do.  I grew up a HUGE  Star Wars fan (Original Trilogy) Then in 99 the first prequal came out, and it was the first time I remember any of the movies being referred to by their episode number.  So in the order they were released, it was episode 4,5,6,1 - epi4561..

#202 Tom Setzer

Tom Setzer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Full Name:Thomas J.C. Setzer

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

My Avatar is a photo-copy of the tag I  had on my 32 highboy Roadster.

#203 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Well avatar - huge motor head fan.

Name? My name is Mark, and I'm a machinist. Big mystery huh?

#204 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

My avatar is my 1:1 '71 Chevy K20 I'm restoring piece-by-piece, and my username comes from the fact that I love Super Stock drag cars :P

#205 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

The JM in my screen name is just stands for Josh M.  The 485 has a bit of a longer history.  Back when I was around 3 or 4 years old, my dad tried to get me into BMX racing, and that was the number the league gave me.  I never caught on to racing until I was 8, but the number stuck and I have been using it on everything since. 

The avatar is a picture of me at the starting line of a hillclimb.  They have us start in front of a hill and you race to time to the top, and that photo was taken when I was on the line warming up the bike.  I think it was from the April 2012 race.

#206 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Well, the name came about when I was at the Drags and a friend of mine came up and accidentally combined Ed Big Daddy Roth with Rat Fink! I was wearing a Rat Fink shirt and he was trying to be a smart acre! So he blurted out "Hey, Daddy Fink!" Yeah, I gave him all kinds of grief over that!!

The picture if of Legendary Mexican Singer Pedro Infante which was my late fathers favorite singer. And he is one cool looking cat!

#207 Green Duster

Green Duster

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Kaplan

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Mine is easy. My car.

Attached Files

#208 Swamp Dog

Swamp Dog

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Full Name:David Rose

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

my user name came from my boat ..it had a Yamaha 70 hp motor on it..profile picture ..well u know what i like to do..beside building models..

#209 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

It's an amalgamation of my first name and the first syllable of my last name; add the "ed" and it equals a state of mind in which I could often be found a few years ago(seriously).  My avatar = the acronym for the club to which I belong on a tag for the state in which I can now be found.

#210 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

My name was something my parents came up with.    My original name I used on forums was my AOL screen name   modlcitizn  from back when they limited names to 10 characters. I still have that email address!

My avatar is my '55 Chevy Christmas Tree truck I built back in the early 1990s, still one of my favorite models!

#211 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Impcon is my wife's idea as an abbreviation for Impala convertible and as my avatar is a '59 Chevy wagon, you can imagine what my favorite Impala convertible is. I was asked once by a friend what would be the ultimate car if I could pick one and it was at that moment that I realized how blessed I am to actually own my all time favorite car - a virtually rust free, Snowcrest White with red interior, 348 powered '59 Impala convertible. The car was given to me by my parents in 1972 as a birthday present and I still and always will own it until I leave this world. My love of the '59 goes back to my dad's Snowcrest White '59 Brookwood four door wagon that he bought brand new and I have a real 1:1 that I plan one day on redoing to resemble Dad's. It's all about dreams, isn't it? Some come true and some do not nut if we quit dreaming, then it's all over. Just my two cents worth. :D  :D  :D

#212 pandamonium2112

pandamonium2112

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Toone

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ok here goes. I used to play "The Sims" (90's) Back then i owned a construction company and i really liked being able to build houses with no limits (Much like modeling) So i came up with an alter ego of the Panda (Cute little cuddley bear) except that my life was in total ruins so, i bore the stage name of "Pandamonium" Total kaos spelled wrong, which was where i felt like i was at the time....

Hence: (Panda    monium)

The charicture of "Butters" lives in this world all the time...So i relate to him, or he closely resembles my nature...God will decide final outcome!

Edited by pandamonium2112, 13 December 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#213 SnuzBox

SnuzBox

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Winter

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Named the hand built Teardrop trailer I constructed back in 2003, SnuzBox and have CA plate on it that says it too,,, so just stuck i guess. 

As for the picture, that's my full kustom '49 Chevy I am building. 

#214 dragcarz

dragcarz

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Sitzes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Mine is pretty easy... I like Drag Racing,from Stock classes to Top Fuel. I was lucky enough when I was younger to have crewed for a couple different local racers,a Fuel Altered, an Alcahol Dragster and then a Top Fuel Dragster.I did a lot of street racing back in the day, got in a lot of trouble, had a lot of tickets, Amazed I still alive. Thank God !

#215 lanesteele240

lanesteele240

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Steen

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

my pic is of my lovely wife and my name came from my time spent in the adult film industry and i love datsun 240z and nissan 240sx's

Edited by lanesteele240, 14 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#216 RT6PK

RT6PK

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:Jamie Senvisky

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Mine is easy. My car.

Mine is easy too, that's my car in the picture.

#217 SoCalCarCulture

SoCalCarCulture

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Lindsay

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thought I had responded to this already but there must be another thread with the same topic.

Mine is the Hood Ornament on a friend's '42 Mercury - I just liked the image, one of thousands I shoot each year.

#218 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

my pic is of my lovely wife and my name came from my time spent in the adult film industry and i love datsun 240z and nissan 240sx's

What the?? Adult film industry? 

#219 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

My user name is the year / model of my daily driver  , a 1972 (Dodge) Coronet .

My present avatar , as of 14-12-2012 @ 2323 HRS  , is the promotional poster for the ill-fated Andy Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable  show at The Trip (a long-defunct club in Hollywood , Ca. , a couple of blocks west of the Whiskey a Go-Go) in May 1966 with the Velvet Underground & Nico

( my all-time favourite Rock band from New York ).

#220 revshag

revshag

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Dunlap

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

My user name: I'm a pastor so the "rev" is for Reverend (Rev.) and shag is from an old nickname as in Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.  My appetite used to resemble Shaggy's.  :D

My avatar is the 2010 movie version of the A-Team van.  I put it up as motivation as that is my current project.

Chris