Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kammback kits!

Drake69

This is a planner I'm putting out as I'm still reorganizing my new workarea since the hurricane took out the last house we were in. I went with my club to the Old Dominion IPMS show this past weekend and scored some really great kits, including these two rarities.....

SAM_4646.jpg

And since I already had the '78 Firebird and '79 Camaro 3-in-1's, I knew my first couple of cars I was going to work on would be properly done Kammback cars with real engines, chassis, and wheels/tires. Now, everyone knows that Snapfix copied the body size and shape of the Firebird when they made the Kammback, and as a result the chassis and engine mates up to the Kammback perfectly with very little modification. But what about the Camaro?

SAM_4647.jpg

SAM_4648.jpg

More to come....

The guys at Snapfix apparently used the same body of the Firebird Kammback to make their Camaro, but the size of both Camaros are almost identical, save for the engine bay which is longer in the Kammback.

SAM_4649.jpg

SAM_4651.jpg

But I lucked out with the chassis....

SAM_4650.jpg

So, overall, it looks like I shouldn't have too much fuss converting this one as well. It won't have as pronounced body lines and the Camaro usually does compared to the Firebird, but it will be hopefully passable. It will definitely be fun either way!

Edited by Drake69