Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Amazing isn't it Charlie?

In High School I was voted "Most Likely to go to Prison" .  

I'm now in year 34 of a law enforcement career.

I have yet to be on the inside of any actual prison facility.

G

#502 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

When I was in second grade, my parents were told I was sufficiently learning and possibly mentally-disabled, that I'd never see a high school diploma and if I could get a menial job, to be happy I did that.

I wonder what those teachers would say if they saw me today, as I received my Master's in Education?

DSC_0099_zps65cb1f14.jpg

And yes, those are my parents. Sometimes, I'm not sure if they believe it, either!

Charlie Larkin

I'm a retired Special Ed teacher, and it's good to see that someone proved me right.

Dale

#503 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm a retired Special Ed teacher, and it's good to see that someone proved me right.

...and a lot of other people wrong.  ^_^   Congrats on receiving your Master's Degree, Charlie.  :)

#504 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

When I was in second grade, my parents were told I was sufficiently learning and possibly mentally-disabled, that I'd never see a high school diploma and if I could get a menial job, to be happy I did that.

I wonder what those teachers would say if they saw me today, as I received my Master's in Education?

DSC_0099_zps65cb1f14.jpg

And yes, those are my parents. Sometimes, I'm not sure if they believe it, either!

Charlie Larkin

Congratulations, Charlie! That's a hell of an achievement! You need to make some copies of that degree and send it to those that doubted you with a note telling them where they can stick it.

Curt

#505 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Congrats Charlie, that's what a lot of doctors say about my daughter. She has what is called "Kabuki Syndrome" and they say that her delayed progress and a host of other stuff will keep her from learning as much as she should. Of cours they said that 5 years ago and she's six now and she's already proving them wrong. Teachers may think they know as well as the doc's but they're not always right and if they are they cannot gauge human will power to succeed!!!!

Again, CONGRATS!!!!