#41 Scott Colmer

Scott Colmer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Guilty. - on some counts.

I have a yellow 37 chevy custom that may have more miles on in than some 1:1 show cars. I brought it to contests and shows for at least 5 years I never repeated a contest, but I did repeat show it for NNLs. In fact a friend of mine did start making fun of me for not retiring it. It takes me a long time to finish a model so I do not have a lot of options if I want to go to a show.

Personally, I like seeing builds more than once, especially if they are one of my favorites. Maybe if they have placed in a contest before they should be on display only at that particular show.

Scott

#42 ra7c7er

ra7c7er

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Roach

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

Maybe contests should start having a past winners catagory. And once your build places in that catagory it's done for that show. Shows could also have a non judged past winners catagory so people can just show off what they have built and probably won with before.

One of the catagories I don't understand is the need for a under construction catagory and why give awards for it. How do you judge a model that isn't done yet?

#43 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Thompson

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

I have never seen an under construction category?

#44 jerseyjunker1

jerseyjunker1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Full Name:Manny Solano

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

a lot of you guys must realy hate me at shows lol. :D :D i always show the same cars as they are a part of my junkyard. i do sometimes sell off one model and put one or more in its place. i would need an extention on my life to build another yard like this and as far as i know the big guy is not granting any..lol :D this year the yard will be a little bigger with the addition of the esso station and a couple new cars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jerseyjunker1, 06 March 2012 - 07:40 AM.