#141 GerN

GerN

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Full Name:Gerald Nielsen

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

I've been looking through this build again, and I'm wondering about the rear fender crease:  consider making it parallel to the ground instead of tilting down toward the rear.  I think this would appear to lift the rear a bit and give a more balanced look.

#142 Trans Am Erik

Trans Am Erik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:39 AM

It's the way the body is sitting on the wheels that's giving it a rake. In that pic it's just sitting on the wheels, there isn't a frame under there yet. The rake is making the rockers look weird too. They ARE straight. I put a straight edge on them last night.

#143 cschick

cschick

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Full Name:cory schick

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

amazing

#144 Trans Am Erik

Trans Am Erik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

Here it is without the rake

Attached Files

#145 Skypower

Skypower

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Full Name:Bob LeHoullier

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

So Cooooool.

#146 GerN

GerN

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

The side view at the bottom of page seven shows the crease above the rear tire pretty clearly.  My thought is shiny paint will bring out the "droop" look this crease seems to me to give the back half of your car.  On the other hand, it does echo the slant of the front fender.  I really like this model, and I'm just trying to be helpful, not a pest.

#147 Trans Am Erik

Trans Am Erik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

The side view at the bottom of page seven shows the crease above the rear tire pretty clearly.  My thought is shiny paint will bring out the "droop" look this crease seems to me to give the back half of your car.  On the other hand, it does echo the slant of the front fender.  I really like this model, and I'm just trying to be helpful, not a pest.

I appreciate the help. I will take a look at it. The thing i have to see if it's an issue with thebody crease or an optical illusion in the photo due to the coke bottle shape of the car. Any suggestions on what to do about it?

#148 GerN

GerN

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

You might try rubbing that area of the body with a paper towel.  This will bring up some shine and help to tell if there is a problem.  If so and the body behind the crease is thick enough, I'd try sanding it out on one side.  Then I'd compare the two sides and decide whether simply removing it was an improvement, and whether or not to add a new crease parallel to the bottom of the body.  If it helps, I've been working on a custom based on the AMT 1955 Corvette, and am trying to do something similar.  This kit is terrible; I'm sorry I started working on it, but here I am.  I need to reshape the lower back of the rear fenders which are not even close to correct.  In my case, I've filled in Bondo behind the area to be removed because quite a bit must go.  This is your model, so your opinion is really the only one that matters.

#149 bryan_m

bryan_m

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Full Name:Bryan Mccallum

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

thats cool that you got to meet chip!

any updates on this one?

cheers

bryan

#150 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ya know in the beginning I was like that ain't looking right, but looking at the progression you made throughout it really came around. That looks pretty darned awesome now. Can't wait to see more!!!!!!