Late '80s Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 4dr resin kit available?

• You cannot reply to this topic
59 replies to this topic

#1 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Michelle Blanchard

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

The only thing close enough that I could find is the lowrider '80s Revell Cadillac, and it is a 2dr. Has anyone made a resin trans kit of a 4dr body of a late '80s Fleetwood Brougham? Like this (sorry for the big pic):

Posted Image

#2 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm not sure, Chell. If there IS someone out there who DOES this style I'd sure like one too. These were some BEAUTIFUL cars. I know, I BUILT them for 32 years!!!! :lol: :D ;) ^_^

#3 kevin

kevin

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Full Name:kevin lutz

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

i have a cadillac started by steve goldman...dont know what year & what body it is...but missing link is working on something in a caddy!

#4 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

You would do that to us. If I get that, I will have to do a Brougham d'Elegance interior to go with it.

#5 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

That would be nice..I like the '80-89 front and sides more than the '90-92 (which was like the Revell custom coupe kit w/ the composite headlights and heavy side trim).

#6 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

I want this car so I can build an accurate "Titanic", the Caddy that James May drove in the Top Gear Southern US Road Trip (Miami to New Orleans). The same one where they were chased by angry rednecks in Alabama lol. I've already got kits to make Clarkson's Chevy Camaro and Hammond's Dodge Ram from but this one will prove a bit tricky :blink:

#7 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

I want this car so I can build an accurate "Titanic", the Caddy that James May drove in the Top Gear Southern US Road Trip (Miami to New Orleans). The same one where they were chased by angry rednecks in Alabama lol. I've already got kits to make Clarkson's Chevy Camaro and Hammond's Dodge Ram from but this one will prove a bit tricky :blink:

Great diorama idea!

#8 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Great diorama idea!

yes it is, now get out of my head LOL. :D j/k. I was actually thinking of putting them either in the parking lot at the beginning of the episode, or driving on the highway three wide:

Posted Image

#9 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,650 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'll buy one of those, too. I like the 1980-'89 Cadillacs. They still looked like Cadillacs unlike these things they have now.

Charlie Larkin

#10 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

i have a cadillac started by steve goldman...dont know what year & what body it is...but missing link is working on something in a caddy!

With very minor changes it could represent any 80-85 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe. Here's where it the project was when I gave it to Kevin.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Hopefully it will get finished one day. I've always been a fan of the big Caddy's owning quite a few over the years including several RWD Fleetwoods like a '81 Fleetwood Coupe d'Elegance and a Triple black '86 d'Elegance Sedan.

The one I really kick myself for letting go of was my '75 Fleetwood 60 Special with the rare Talisman option package. That was the most elegant Cadillac I ever saw, hopefully I'll find another one someday ......

#11 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:35 AM

it's a very nice looking coupe, would you happen to know if there are any plans to make a 4dr?

How hard can it be? (Jeremy Clarkson voice :lol:)

#12 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

We didn't build THAT many Talismans Steve. HOPEFULLY you MAY find one that wasn't all used up. Yes, they were BEAUTIFUL cars. Never saw very many on the road, but they sure did stand out. VERY nice car. Probably the prettiest Cadillac we ever built. Sorry to 'jack the thread,'Chell, but ain't too many folks ever HEARD of a Cadillac Talisman Option, much less OWN one.

Edited by george 53, 14 March 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#13 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

I remember that episode quite well. First time in my life I was ever ashamed to be an American. Not kidding at all. :mellow:

#14 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I know what you mean Chuck. I have friends in Alabama and they are some of the nicest and most welcoming people I know (and they aren't anything like the people in that episode). I've heard that the entire "Alabama redneck gas station" scene was pretty much staged, but whether it really happened or not it still makes people that don't live here assume that Americans are nothing but rude, ignorant and stupid. It would be nice if Top Gear UK actually did an episode here in the US that shows that not all Americans are like that.

#15 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Once you find an appropriate Cadillac, here are a few other ideas:
1) Paint all three cars with the correct shades of lacquer paint, then use an easily-removed paint to replicate the various slogans they wrote on each other's cars.
2) Find a 1/25 dead cow for Jeremy's Camaro.
3) Use the Tamiya "Friends" figures to replicate May trying to jump start his Caddy.

#16 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

And... replicate Hamster and Jeremy's less-than-subtle sabotage of the air conditioning controls in May's Caddy.

#17 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

This just reminds me even more of how much I love this show :lol:. I don't think I'll do the cow on Jezza's Camaro, but perhaps I'll write the slogans they put on each other's cars for a little photo shoot once they're all finished LOL.

#18 chase-cars

chase-cars

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Full Name:Gareth Jones

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

I made a 1972 4 door resin body, but it's 1:32 scale and only the bodyshell because it fits on a custom slotcar chassis

The 3D model
Posted Image

On its custom chassis
Posted Image

I have steering and suspension on my slot car
Posted Image

3D "printed" model
Posted Image

Resin cast bodyshells
Posted Image

#19 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I don't recall the exact year Caddy, but this presidential limo is (was) available in 1/24 by Yat Ming

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jon Cole, 16 March 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#20 Ry4ns302

Ry4ns302

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan Weinstein

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

This was my First car! It had a PIG 307-Y block and couldnt get out of its own way. I later put on fresh paint, did the chrome, zebra carpets...the whole nine. I had 2 15" Kicker L7's, the car was in db Drags. It was stolen...

But I'd love to build one. I ha