Model Cars Magazine Forum

On the bench for this month

Ken

First up is a 40 ford. Top chopped and body sectioned 3 or so inches

Front suspension is from the Goodguys 40 kit along with the engine hop up parts.

40Ford3.jpg

40Ford2.jpg

Next up is a Tamiya Honda S2000 that has been pulled out and restarted. Paint is Tamiya Lime Green

S20002.jpg

Lastly, after the current issue of The Rodder's Journal and several other magazines I decided that I needed a bare metal hot rod in my garage. Out came a Revell 32 roadster and the BMF sheet. Some parts will get Testor's Buffing Aluminum Plate metalizer. Right now, the project has ground to a halt as I need more BMF.

BMFRoadster.jpg

Great projects Ken!

You're doing some interesting and neat bodywork to that Ford!

The "metal" street rod you're working on.................is the body itself BMF'd?? :shock:.......or was this done with the metallizers? Just the same, I would love to see how this turns out!

Yeah, Bill, the entire body is BMF'ed. I actually had to break it down into the separate panels. The 'panels' were then BMF'ed. Steel wool is used to scuff the BMF and blend the edges of the BMF seams. I need to stop being so aggressive with the steel wool as I keep scuffing through it. :D

The grill surround and other parts are coated with the metalizer as they would be too diffcult to get a decent look with the BMF.

Ken,

Your work is first rate and I am happy to have you join MCM forums. You will make a great addition to our little "family" of modelers.

As I mentioned in my email to you, please include your full name in the signature bar. That update can be found in the Profile section of this forum.

Thank you very much and I hope to see your work posted often!!

Jairus