Rich_S

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Shirey

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Mike,
Great Job, the KW is looking fantastic. I'm going by memory which can be a little fuzzy at times, but I'm thinking the pull straps on the KW doors were always black leather. If you already have the interior in the cab I would not worry about that little detail. Great job on the instrument panel, I'm guessing you dry brushed the rims of the gauges? Does the model come with the air brake blocks for the rear axles, or are you just making them from scrap pieces of plastic? The AB lines really make the model, keep up the great work.

#23 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Mike,
Great Job, the KW is looking fantastic. I'm going by memory which can be a little fuzzy at times, but I'm thinking the pull straps on the KW doors were always black leather. If you already have the interior in the cab I would not worry about that little detail. Great job on the instrument panel, I'm guessing you dry brushed the rims of the gauges? Does the model come with the air brake blocks for the rear axles, or are you just making them from scrap pieces of plastic? The AB lines really make the model, keep up the great work.

Rich,
Thanks for the compliments!!!,no the interior tub isn't in yet and thank you for the info on the straps,I will correct that,the guages are done with a silver and black Sharpie and the ab lines and blocks are my first try,the block are made from scrap sprue.

#24 Raykreations

Raykreations

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Full Name:R. Toll

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Mike...
LOVE the back story on the kit and how you're dedicating it to your Mom. Just as special is how you kept it stored in that old Corvair! Godspeed on this one!!!

#25 Rich_S

Rich_S

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

Hi Ray, it's good to see another fellow Pennsylvanian on the forum. Not trying to steal your thread Mike and like Ray said not only is the model looking great, but the back story is heart warming as well.

#26 pete3522

pete3522

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:Craig Robert

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

annies looken good

#27 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Got the frame pretty much straight finally and most of the plumbing I am going to do,got the tanks hung and would like to run some fuel lines to them but don't have a clue how when the tanks are staggered,also if anyone could help out on some plumbing ideas on the Cummins would be highly appreciated......as always ideas,comments good,bad and or ugly always welcome!!!!
Posted Image
Having all kinds of fun fitting this together,nothing lines up to well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks for lookin'.........

#28 cappy625

cappy625

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Full Name:anthony caporiccio

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

lookin real good! what did you use for the airlines? the size looks perfect.

#29 Rich_S

Rich_S

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

Mike,
I'm going by memory, but I'm pretty sure only Freightliners had bottom dead center fuel lines that connected the tanks. I think on your KW the fuel line would have come out of the front of the one tank about 1" above the bottom of the tank and then crossed over and gone into the back of the second tank. The the line would have come out of the front of the second tank and gone to the fuel filters. Basically the engine would only draw fuel out of the one tank because both tanks would stay equalized because of the cross-over line. Hope this makes sense? Now on trucks where the tanks were across from each other. the cross-over line connected to the back of both tanks and the feed link came out of the front of the left tank, except on Mack's, I think Mack's always would draw from the right tank. One last thing to remember, the cross-over line has to be level, the tanks are not pressurized and they work on the principle of "a fluid seeks it's own level"

#30 pete3522

pete3522

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:Craig Robert

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

nice work

#31 jekylljr

jekylljr

MCM Avid Poster