'67 Sleeper Chevelle
Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:28 AM
I started the build when I got the basis for this project from "ChevyCoupe41", glue bomb, but in good shape. Paint left off easily, and there wasn't too much glue used. First I mocked up the wheels and tires before removing the paint. Rear slicks are 9" wide, and they have steelie wheels with Dog Dish Hubcaps, in the front we have Good Year FrontRunners and steelie wheels with hubcaps. Both steelies are resin, and cast by Marko Piironen. I opened those holes from rear wheels with little sanding. Next they need some paint. The engine didn't care about the paint stripping, because paint or glue didn't left off from it. Well, then I must sand everything manually.
There's lots of work to do, and I hope you enjoy following this WIP topic.
This is the basis for the build-rolling '67 Chevelle.
Here I took it apart....
The Wheels And Tires:
(Hubcaps are not perfectly on their place, that picture was just taken as a little Mock Up)
Part two coming within few minutes.
Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:33 AM
Pretty good, I would say.
Here are pictures of the body without paint, and engine block basis.
And here's the engine block basis so far...
Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:37 AM
Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:12 PM
Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:14 AM
Yeah, no pressures. This is worth saving, and Sleeper is so interesting idea, that I hope this turns out very good.
I've been building about six hours today without big breaks, and I worked with the Chevelle too. Engine is now ready to be primered, I'm going to primer it tomorrow. Lots of sanding was needed to make it look good enough, everything will be hidden under turbo systems anyway.
Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:34 AM
Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:44 AM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:04 AM
I'm done with the Bug and Austin, so it's time to get back on these builds without Deadlines too. I painted Chevelle's engine block once, but it maybe needs some more paint before I can call it done.
Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:12 AM
Anyway, today I was able to get that interior tube out from Mr.Muscle, and it turned out pretty good. However, this interior tube doesn't have back seat, so I will fit one from my parts box there. I'm not sure, where is that seat from, but it sits pretty good. Needs to add some material on the rear... Front seats are from AMT '66 Nova ProStreet, and they fit nicely on this interior.
Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:53 AM
Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:21 AM
Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:49 AM
The backseat is fitted bit better, you can see the difference if you compare these pictures to those on that last update. I also filled that little "hole" on the seat with styrene. Next I need to paint that interior.
Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:08 PM
with 5 spokes on the front. i will have to post a thread on it sometime. Can't wait to see this one done
Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:15 PM
Cylinder Heads are resin castings by me, and intake manifold & that fuel injection system are from Revell's '37 Ford. It's not fitting under the hood now, but I need to make it bit lower. Also you can see that headers are not going to fit, so I must modify those inner fenders a bit. Made those Turbos too, but they need lots of work before I can install them.
Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:24 AM
Some more done with the Chevelle. I removed part of those inner fenders from the front end. Now headers fit, they are built from solder, as those Turbos too. But the engine is so huge that headers can't go between frame rails, and that's why engine needs to sit bit higher. Because of that, I sanded intake manifold thinner as it was, so it would be lower. But that wasn't enough so I lowered those tubes between the manifold and the Fuel Injection system. Now that fits under the hood, and turbos fit there too. Plug Wires are installed too. Next steps are exhaust pipes and rest of those turbo tubings.
Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:48 AM
Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:01 AM
More work done with the Chevelle, I built tubings from Turbochargers to the Fuel Injection system, and added air cleaners. They need some paint before I can call them done though. I also cut some material off from the front end of that engine bay, to make bit more space for the turbos. Continued that hood also, I added that little "high spot" from metal wire. Next I need to add some bondo.