WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod
Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:41 PM
Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:43 PM
Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:15 PM
Add me to the list that appreciate the opportunity to see what you do and how you do it.
Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:00 AM
Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:12 AM
Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:50 AM
Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:59 PM
Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:24 AM
Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:32 AM
To answer your questions about glue, I use green bottle zap-a-gap for almost everything. On this chassis I used Plastruct glue for all of the plastic to plastic joints. But for the brass I used green zap. Sometimes with some kicker to make sure it held quick, and strong. For some reason, the DirtModeler brass PE really held strong to the styrene with the zap. I don't think I've broken off a single piece of brass etch since I've been working on this.
Should have some more progress soon!
Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:22 AM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:26 PM
I mixed a bunch of different dark gray metallics, and silvers together to make sure I had enough to cover the whole chassis. I went for a color a little lighter than I would normally use to try and get close to the color R2B2 powder coats their chassis with. Once the paint was dry, I gave it a good even coat of PPG 2 part clear. I need to go back and touch up the left door pad, then I can get to assembling some stuff on it.
You can see the 3D decals still showed up under the paint and clear. I think they worked pretty good!
Thanks for looking!
Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:36 PM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:41 PM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:37 PM
Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:11 AM