#61 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

awesome work there, buddy! details are beyond super!

#62 AZ Boy

AZ Boy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

It's inspirational to say the least, following your progress on this build Clay. I may not build ProMods myself, but I think the methodology and clean execution that you put into each of your projects is something the average builder can take away from following this thread. Great work, Sir!

#63 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Clay - How do you get your technical info on a particular chassis builder (R2B2)? Do you have access to their facility or maybe one of their cars in the pits or something? Looking at what's available in magazines or on TV isn't enough. You show lots of photos at the start of this thread. Are they of one of the R2B2 cars and how do you obtain them?

#64 ClayK

ClayK

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Full Name:Clay Kemp

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Clay - How do you get your technical info on a particular chassis builder (R2B2)? Do you have access to their facility or maybe one of their cars in the pits or something? Looking at what's available in magazines or on TV isn't enough. You show lots of photos at the start of this thread. Are they of one of the R2B2 cars and how do you obtain them?

Hi Ted,

I found a lot of R2B2's race car web page, as well as their Facebook page. They are one of the few chassis builders that puts out a lot of info. Lots of pictures during construction, and lots of shots of their cars. Makes my job a lot easier!

Clay

Thank you very much guys!

I was out of town all weekend, so I didn't get any new work done. But before I left on Friday a little box of goodies from Jim at micro nitro http://www.micronitro.net/ showed up!

I can't get over how good Jim's parts are. Most of you already know this.......I had some 1/24 wheels of his before, but to see what he can do in 1/16 scale is just amazing.

Here's the three piece rear wheels, and hubs. I need to open up my slicks a bit to get these to fit, but they are going to look awesome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's what I'm using for the fronts.....his new Gibson style front wheels.

Posted Image

Thanks again Jim!
Clay

#65 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

The wheels are Awesome.... as is the rest of the build...cant wait to see what you have in store for the paint....

#66 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

Amazing, simply amazing in every detail.

#67 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Tyrone is right, those wheels look great!, can't wait to see more on this build!

#68 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Clay awesome wheels. Jim does some killer work. thanks for the info on the R2B2 chassis's. I was wondering the same thing as Ted.

#69 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

I agree with everyone else x2! Jim's work is really outstanding and his wheels are very easy to polish up. I just use 3M medium grit Automotive buffing compound and my dremel and then finish it off with detail polish and then you can see reflection. No need for sandpaper.

#70 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

clay, all of this bling is hurting my eyes! will you be "anodizing" any of the wheels/ wheel parts?

#71 ClayK

ClayK

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Full Name:Clay Kemp

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Back to work on the big Mustang......I reworked a few inner bars of the chassis, and it's kind hard to see down in there but I did get the mounting tubes on for the master cylinder. (Two brass tubes by the lower seat belt mount)

I also finally got to the main halo and a few support braces. I still need to finish the drivers floor panels, seat brace straps and a few other things before I add the a-pillar bars in there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One other thing I needed to get done before the interior sealed up was the simulated titanium tranny tunnel. I started with two pieces of .05 brass sheet to form the back part. Then I added the back loop, middle loop, and handle. I couldn't find any brass tube the right size for the front part so I machined one real quick. It was then added along with the front loop. A few strips of Aber PE welds finished it off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still needs a bit more clean up, but it's getting there.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking....Clay

#72 MicroNitro

MicroNitro

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Full Name:jim littiken

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

That trans tunnel is killer.

#73 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

This build is out-of-this-world great, Clay. You have such an eye for detail with these builds - it's pretty amazing.

#74 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Clay that trans tunnel is amazing and looks killer. you have that eye for detail and to add the photoetch weld bead just tops it off. Nice work my friend. I can only hope to do work ad good as you one day.

#75 Sixx

Sixx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Full Name:Derrick Six

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

C'mon Clay, you're building a real one man!!! You just painted it white & brass,and photo-shopped your hand in there!!!! LOL!!!!
Geez man, that is so dang cool man!!!! Can't wait for the next update!!!

#76 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

It all looks good Clay,This is gonna be 1 great build, along with Rom's Daytona & Chris's F/C.

#77 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

clay, you, my friend, are from a whole other world. your attention to detail and correctness are beyond comprehension!!!!!!!! just smokin' work, boss! i can't wait to see that big, bad, blown, BAE motor. ya-ba-hooey!!

#78 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Clay......always fascinating to watch you create a "Masterpiece"........thank you for sharing your AWESOME work with us.......always have been a fan and always will :)

#79 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I swear Clay everything you build is some unspeakable work I cant say what I really want to say.... whatever " IT " is you have it bro.....

#80 jmpsebring

jmpsebring

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Full Name:Jack Pearson

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

So many incredible projects! This is so realistic and so well executed!