MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Full Name:Gerald Goff

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

i didn't read this whole thread, but this is pretty interesting:

DSC_0073.jpg

i mean - "... torque reactive drive" somehow screams "rubber band" to me!

thread here on HAMB   http://www.jalopyjou...t=238665&page=4

I bought one of those from a 7-11 when I was a kid and yeah, it was rubber band powered.

#442 mr moto

mr moto

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Full Name:Manuel J. Martinez

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I bought one of those from a 7-11 when I was a kid and yeah, it was rubber band powered.

I remember that I had several of those and, yeah, I got 'em from 7-11. The "torque reaction" drive was fun for a while but after a couple of hours the plastic gears would be toothless! :o  Time to buy a new one! Fortunately, they were cheap.

Edited by mr moto, 06 December 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#443 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I had one or 2  old Hawk kits with that drive too. Never had a problem with the gears.

it was always the rubber band popping.

No was to replace it if you glued the holder into the gear!!

#444 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

i bought this kit > pics of the actual kit @ home ..
its from 1977 and in mint condition and sealed (inside)

i do have a questiona nd i hope somebody knows ?

the weird thing is it says 1/25 but it all looks so small ?? anybody knows about this ??
or is it just that the t is really small irl ?

270136_224622794337305_1191518853_n.jpg

382136_224622791003972_1034878225_n.jpg

From what I know, they originally made the chassis for his Sedan Delivery car and then kept making kits with Buttera's name on them and used the same chassis with different bodies. Thus they managed to make some of the worst street rod kits ever! Yes, everything is odd sized and smaller than scale!

I have them for the sake of nostalgia but I highly doubt I will build them again! But I can not really say that since I never managed to finish one when I was a kid!!

#445 Mark

Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

From what I know, they originally made the chassis for his Sedan Delivery car and then kept making kits with Buttera's name on them and used the same chassis with different bodies. Thus they managed to make some of the worst street rod kits ever! Yes, everything is odd sized and smaller than scale!

I have them for the sake of nostalgia but I highly doubt I will build them again! But I can not really say that since I never managed to finish one when I was a kid!!

The Model T kits in this series ARE accurate, and are correct 1/25 scale. The '33 and '34 Fords that use the same chassis are undersized. The first car issued in the series was the '26 T sedan, the only one that actually exists as a 1:1 car. The kit was scaled right off of the actual car, a sedan built by John Buttera for his wife to drive. The body is pretty close to stock, but the fenders are widened a couple inches (Buttera jokingly called them "the rare Australian fenders").
The first issue of the sedan kit doesn't have any photos of the model, but instead had photos of the actual car. It didn't sell well until Revell changed the box to include photos of the assembled model. After that, modelers realized that the kit wasn't like earlier Revell kits (opening everything, tough to assemble) and sales took off. The '33 and '34 coupe kits are undersized, but the chassis is the same one that was included in the T kits. That makes those worth a look if you only need the chassis.

#446 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,862 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

I was doing some rearranging some stuff today and came across these. Sorry if I have already posted these elsewhere

computerstuff004.jpgcomputerstuff005.jpgcomputerstuff006.jpg

#447 mr moto

mr moto

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Full Name:Manuel J. Martinez

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I was doing some rearranging some stuff today and came across these. Sorry if I have already posted these elsewhere

computerstuff006.jpg

I hope the contents of that box look more like a Cobra than the box art does! :lol:

#448 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,862 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Sadly, they do not. It's what you would expect from a Palmer kit.

#449 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Those blister-packaged Palmer Cobras look like the Korris Kars packaging, at least as far as I remember.

I'm guessing only Erik has seen (and owns) this one?  :D

#450 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Those blister-packaged Palmer Cobras look like the Korris Kars packaging, at least as far as I remember.

I'm guessing only Erik has seen (and owns) this one?  :D

NichimoHondaVamos.JPG

Being somewhat of a Honda nut, I have seen that kit. I do not, however, own one! I hovered my finger above "buy it now" once, but couldn't quite do it.

#451 Darren B

Darren B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts
  • Full Name:Darren B.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I love this thread, however the thing is i want them all wish they would reissue a lot of them.............

#452 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

I can't say I've sever seen this kit before, and I think I've only ever seen one other kit labeled as both Craft Master and MPC, but the crazy car thing was rampant during the late '60s and this one would not be held back:

#453 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

That's an interesting one. It says "includes part by MPC". General Mills? Real wood? If like to see more of this thing - this is before laser cut wood.

#454 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,651 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

MVC015S-vi.jpg

Here's another one in that same series. This was displayed at the Staten Island NY show in 2004

#455 pharoah

pharoah

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Full Name:John Farrow

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Wow, I waded through this whole thread (whew)  a lot of kits I have never seen before,and some that brought back memories.

The bird kits and the owl.  I had some of those when I was a kid. 

I didn't see this one though. I actually bought one several years ago.It's supposed to be motorized,so there's not a lot of detail.

It goes together easily.

T2eC16NHJHgE9n0yEipFBQ351opwng60_57.jpg

#456 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wow, The 66 Imperial pickup truck is of a real car. The real car is in a junk yard in Hortonville, WI The Junk yard used the car as there small parts hauler in the 60's and early 70's. Didn't know there was a model of it? Also the Chrysler boat, I have one. I got it in about 1970 from the local Chrysler Dealer in Hartford WI, where the Chrysler Outboard was built. Harned Motors the local Chrysler/Plymouth & Dodge Dealer in Hartford had a big show with all the Chrysler Boats and motors the were built by Chrysler at the time. To the familys of Chrysler Outboard, they all got the model of the Chrysler Boat with outboard. Still have it today.

#457 57lover

57lover

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Full Name:Trenton Gagne

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

ive ben looking for that camaro wagon forever now...where did you find them at? 

to Drake69

#458 gui_tarzan

gui_tarzan

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yep, someone gave me one of these unbuilt several years ago.

This thread made me dig out one of the oddballs in my stash... anybody else ever seen one?
1-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

#459 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

kit009.jpg

kit013.jpg

kit021.jpg

My son has a real 1:1 '81 z28 convertible. I would have never guessed that they ever mde a model of one. His is white with a blue interior - simply a beautiful car with the top down. They don't look so cool with the top up, but hey - it IS a convertible. I know that there were not a lot produced which makes me wonder at a model???? Cool!!!!!

Edited by impcon, 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#460 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm not even sure what to think about this one. Is this a legit box? Is that Fidel Castro??  :blink: Just wow:

65WAGON-vi.jpg