#521 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Full Name:Olaf Magnusson Dieter Albert McGuffin Smith...Jr

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Let's see how obscure these two are, I've never seen AMT's '32 Fords in boxes like these...

P1350704-vi.jpg

P1350705-vi.jpg

P1350706-vi.jpg

P1350670-vi.jpg

P1350672-vi.jpg

P1350676-vi.jpg

P1350673-vi.jpg

#522 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I believe they were Promo offers from/Through Ford dealers

or Ford Corporate

#523 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Full Name:Olaf Magnusson Dieter Albert McGuffin Smith...Jr

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Daniel, that would explain the piece of paper that was inside the bottom of each box then, I was thinking they were some kind of promo too!

P1350711-vi.jpg

#524 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Don Veihle

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I also have the same same kit, '32 Ford Roadster (blue box)...have had it for at least 5 months...Bought it Complete...All in Very Good Condition...

I have yet to find this kit.. on eBay....Therefore i do believe it is a Obscure kit....

It is to my understanding this kit was offered thru a Mail Order.....By The Ford Motor Company at the time......Date ? Early '70's ?

Correction....i have seen this kit on E-bay.....but not complete...just for parts.....and one was a fake...and she wanted a lot of $$$ for it..

I don't think there is many of these kits around........Perhaps some feed back on this forum could shed more light on this..

Well Cheers to all...Don

#525 Mark

Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I also have the same same kit, '32 Ford Roadster (blue box)...have had it for at least 5 months...Bought it Complete...All in Very Good Condition...

I have yet to find this kit.. on eBay....Therefore i do believe it is a Obscure kit....

It is to my understanding this kit was offered thru a Mail Order.....By The Ford Motor Company at the time......Date ? Early '70's ?

Correction....i have seen this kit on E-bay.....but not complete...just for parts.....and one was a fake...and she wanted a lot of $$$ for it..

I don't think there is many of these kits around........Perhaps some feed back on this forum could shed more light on this..

Well Cheers to all...Don

Those were offered between 1962 and 1965-66. There were four: the two Deuces, the '25 T double kit, and the '36 Ford coupe/roadster.
I believe the '32 Vicky was issued first, in '62. The dealer issue may have appeared before the kit was available in stores.
The roadster was next. It is the Sport Roadster with the sidemount spare tires. Some revisions were made to this kit after its first issue (mainly to the optional parts), I believe this dealer issue was the first to include the revisions. Oddly, for a Ford promotional issue, the optional engine is a Chrysler 392.
Next up was the double T kit. Again, it was revised from its first issue. The coupe body has the stock height roof. The parts configuration is similar to that of the Round 2 reissue with the stock height coupe body.
The '36 Ford was last. My kit has a decal sheet with a 10/65 date on the back. This kit is similar to the first issue '36 with the chopped coupe roof, except the optional Pontiac engine is not included. I'm pretty certain that the '61 Imperial headlight units (for the custom version) are gone too.
Considering how old these issues are, they aren't as tough to find as are other issues of the same kits. The Vicky and double T seem to be the "most common", with the roadster being next, and the '36 being the toughest one to find. Your experience may vary, however...

#526 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Don Veihle

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Those were offered between 1962 and 1965-66. There were four: the two Deuces, the '25 T double kit, and the '36 Ford coupe/roadster.
I believe the '32 Vicky was issued first, in '62. The dealer issue may have appeared before the kit was available in stores.
The roadster was next. It is the Sport Roadster with the sidemount spare tires. Some revisions were made to this kit after its first issue (mainly to the optional parts), I believe this dealer issue was the first to include the revisions. Oddly, for a Ford promotional issue, the optional engine is a Chrysler 392.
Next up was the double T kit. Again, it was revised from its first issue. The coupe body has the stock height roof. The parts configuration is similar to that of the Round 2 reissue with the stock height coupe body.
The '36 Ford was last. My kit has a decal sheet with a 10/65 date on the back. This kit is similar to the first issue '36 with the chopped coupe roof, except the optional Pontiac engine is not included. I'm pretty certain that the '61 Imperial headlight units (for the custom version) are gone too.
Considering how old these issues are, they aren't as tough to find as are other issues of the same kits. The Vicky and double T seem to be the "most common", with the roadster being next, and the '36 being the toughest one to find. Your experience may vary, however...

Mark..Thank-You very much for the information....it is indeed very helpful.....

Edit:...Mark any idea on the value of said kits....'32-?

Thanks again for your time...

Cheers...Don

Edited by XJ6, 06 February 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#527 David G.

David G.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Full Name:David A. Gudzinas

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I would REALLY like to get my hands on one of these kits someday. I would like to make a stock version of a 1:1 I used to own.

Same here!  I had a red AMX version.  it was a fast little car.  What did you have?

David G.

#528 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I saw this on Ebay...

batmobile1_zps6ed014f4.jpg

#529 dartman

dartman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Sort of a kit,does anyone remembor the hot wheels injection set.It had a plastic injection machine that used what looked like hot glue sticks for plastic.

#530 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Sort of a kit,does anyone remembor the hot wheels injection set.It had a plastic injection machine that used what looked like hot glue sticks for plastic.

See post #573.

#531 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I've got 3 each of the vintage 32 roadster and vicky. Every so often I open the boxes to gaze at that beautiful virgin styrene. Thank goodness for ebay. The one thats hard to find is the "Snake Eyes" version. 

scan0203-vi.jpg

scan0205-vi.jpg

But thanks again to Ebay, I got this nice vintage built-up! Been thinking of contacting Greg Holland to see if he can do up the "Dixie Speed Shop" decals.

photo-vi.jpg

#532 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I thought I knew all 'till this. The "Magnolia Mauler" kissing cousin to the "Havana Banana" 

9993.JPG

#533 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I have one of the Wild Flower Series. The Sunflower Power '62 Buick Electra 225

Other cars in the series are: 

Bird of Paradise '60 T Bird Convertible

Buttercup Bomb  '60 Pontiac Bonneville

Peony Pony '65 Mustang Hardtop

Magnolia Mauler '60 Mercury

Ultra Violet '61 Galaxie

20130207_170213_zps633aaab7.jpg

#534 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

There was this "Bird of Paradise" too

F6C3546E-6C0A-455C-B488-A56CB72A504F-821

Not part of the set, just the same name...

#535 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Same here!  I had a red AMX version.  it was a fast little car.  What did you have?

David G.

I had the 74 Hornet Hatch, white with blue interior. I used to keep the back seat down so that it felt like a two door sport car! LOL  It was fast, but since it was a manual 3 speed with that V8, it always wound out too soon.  Oh, and that linkage would often stick when I would go from reverse, so I would have to reach under and wiggle it! LOL It was a blast tho. I had it in 82-83

#536 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Heres one I've never seen nor heard of. Looks like a morph between the Chizzler and the Sour Sisters AA/FD. Heres a link to the ebay sale. Only $426 bucks plus shipping! http://www.ebay.com/...=item5652c1b08e

$(KGrHqVHJFIFEFpponowBRBqCVOUQw~~60_57.J

Edited by Draggon, 08 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#537 David G.

David G.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Full Name:David A. Gudzinas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

I had the 74 Hornet Hatch, white with blue interior. I used to keep the back seat down so that it felt like a two door sport car! LOL  It was fast, but since it was a manual 3 speed with that V8, it always wound out too soon.  Oh, and that linkage would often stick when I would go from reverse, so I would have to reach under and wiggle it! LOL It was a blast tho. I had it in 82-83

Mine had the six cylinder with a 2bbl and a 4 speed transmission.  A surprisingly quick car and one of my favorites.

David G.

#538 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

My buddy worked at an AMC dealer in that era.  We got to drive a bunch of new AMCs,  Gremlins, Hornets and Pacers.  They were very interesting, cool and fast with the 4 speeds, both six and eights!  I remember one red Pacer wagon with chrome wheels and a 4 speed that I still think about!

#539 Scott Colmer

Scott Colmer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Bringing this thread back to life.

I think there was a 7up one in this series too. Great 70s hair.

modelbottle-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

#540 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Heres a Dr. Pepper one

drpeper-1.jpg