Model Cars Magazine Forum

need interior help!

Hey guys i'm building a 49 merc I painted it gloss black and i'm stuck on what color I should do the interior! I was thinking red but not sure if i should use a gloss red or satin on the seats and door panels i want to do the dash in gloss. But i was seeing if you guys had any idea's on what i should do on it. I'm open to any help! Thanks troy

why not do a combination of flat and gloss?

or use some dullcoat?

maybe do the tops and backs of the seats gloss with the centers flat, the door panels flat with gloss inserts, gloss dash, flat sterring wheel with gloss center, and maybe throw a few spots of white here and there.

just some thoughs

Satin on the seats, and door panels. Flat for the carpet and package shelf, gloss for the dash and wheel.

There are a lot of colors which look good with a black exterior. Take our suggestions, make your choices, and paint away.

BTW,

Anyone remember those Dodge Diplomats from the 80's? The police package had a front bench seat, and where you sat was one solid piece of vinyl. No texture, no stiching, just yards of vinyl, ours were dark blue.

Well some enterprising garage guy Armoralled all those seats. Yup, you guessed it, slid across and almost out the other side. We wore polyester blend uniform trousers back then. Hey it was the 80's.....................

G

Edited by Agent G

I've never seen car seats in "gloss."

Seat fabric is not glossy.

just because you have ot seen them does not mean that they do not exist.

school bus seats were/are vinyl and had an almost glossy sheen...close enough to call them gloss.

they also make a colorless/clear vinyl that can be fashined into seat covers, floor mats, etc.