#21 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

[quote name='Wheelman' timestamp='1334255619' post='672598']
Hey - don't all these petroleum products already exist in the ground? I mean, I know we've refined them & added stuff to them, but ultimately, all that stuff was derived from materials that already exist in the environment. Just Sayin'...
[/quote]
[quote name='SuperStockAndy' timestamp='1334258542' post='672630']
Exactly. That had me a bit confused as well.
[/quote]

I'm no bunny hugger......But I do have a well and use it for drinking.....Since these products are no big deal...why don't y'all drink them....????

[quote name='crazyjim' timestamp='1334270795' post='672773']
I save my lacquer thinner to mix with RC Cola. The cocktail makes watching WWE Monday Night Raw & Friday Night Smackdown easier to watch.
[/quote]

Isn't that what Brock Lesner did a while back??

#22 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm no bunny hugger......But I do have a well and use it for drinking.....Since these products are no big deal...why don't y'all drink them....????

I already have :lol: Seriously though, as far away as our well is, it would get so diluted out it wouldn't harm anything. Also remember, the water you're drinking could be thousands of years old, so I think a little bit of thinner isn't any worse than what's already in it... :unsure: :P

#23 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

I already have :lol: Seriously though, as far away as our well is, it would get so diluted out it wouldn't harm anything. Also remember, the water you're drinking could be thousands of years old, so I think a little bit of thinner isn't any worse than what's already in it... :unsure: :P

This is our FUTURE ? C'MON MAN !!!!

#24 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

After using brake fluid for stripping a body, I pour it back into its bottle for another few uses.

Doug makes an excellent point here folks . Brake fluid will allow the solid paint fragments to settle in the bottom of a container in usually about a week . I do the same thing . Yes , I have recycled old Brake fluid to strip paint on several projects . Meanwhile , see if there are hazardous material recycling drives in you're area . Often times such materials are picked up in cities . Ed Shaver

#25 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Not near me you don't! Please guys Do Not BE LAZY ! You can take all of these to your service station, and they will recycle it for you.

since you didn't read my first post SSAndy is only 13...He needs to do just as you do...I don't want this in my groundwater, as I use my well not city water

I don't think many get it...I work with toxic substances daily...As I am a CPCO..I follow all EPA rules on disposal...triple rinse, etc

Fight with me all you want....You do dispose correctly you state...because you must understand the need...As Bill stated

Posted Today, 03:56 PM
They're far more toxic after being refined. Also, most of the petroleum products are located very deep in the ground, usually well below the water table. By dumping it on the surface, you're putting it right into the water table, even if it seems far enough away from the actual pumping point.

Bill Burmeister
ASE Certified Master Mechanic

Edited by MikeMc, 12 April 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#26 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Doug makes an excellent point here folks . Brake fluid will allow the solid paint fragments to settle in the bottom of a container in usually about a week . I do the same thing . Yes , I have recycled old Brake fluid to strip paint on several projects . Meanwhile , see if there are hazardous material recycling drives in you're area . Often times such materials are picked up in cities . Ed Shaver

Definatly..but water is its worst enemy....looses its ability to work...the solids settle and can be removed

#27 allparish12

allparish12

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Thomas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

soooo...if i understand correctly, i can take my used thinner to lets say Auto Zone or some body shop and they can dispose of it for me? Or just let it evaporate on its own?

#28 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Definatly..but water is its worst enemy....looses its ability to work...the solids settle and can be removed

I got an idea...light it on fire B) :lol:

#29 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

I got an idea...light it on fire B) :lol:

Posted Image

#30 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Y'all do realize I was joking, right?

#31 von Zipper

von Zipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Smith

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Does anybody remember "Love Canal"?

#32 trey allen

trey allen

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Full Name:trey allen

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I recall reading everyone complain about how strict california is. now everyone gathered around to hug the same tree? so confusing.

#33 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I use it to kill the red ants...

#34 Guest_FastFred_*

Guest_FastFred_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Y'all do realize I was joking, right?

Not with your previous comments,,,I pray you are joking...if not have a snort of Benzine...it will clear your sinuses

#35 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Not with your previous comments,,,I pray you are joking...if not have a snort of Benzine...it will clear your sinuses

Not with my first post in the thread, no.

#36 Guest_FastFred_*

Guest_FastFred_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

This one...I dump my thinner and whatnot all behind the garage...we don't have grass back there

Dude...not cool!

#37 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

This one...I dump my thinner and whatnot all behind the garage...we don't have grass back there

Dude...not cool!

I used to dump it 50 feet from the well...then I took it 150 feet away!

Edited by SuperStockAndy, 13 April 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#38 von Zipper

von Zipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Smith

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Posted Image

I used to dump it 50 feet from the well...then I took it 150 feet away!

You go ahead and dump toxic chemicals on the ground and drink the well water if you want to Andy ! This is America after all-people should be able to be as socially irresponsible as they want. (this is sarcastic humor BTW)

#39 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Keep in mind though I was only 10/11 then, and I didn't know of any other places to dump it. :lol:

#40 roadhawg

roadhawg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Logan

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Don't forget to wear an apron, rubber gloves, paint mask, knee pads, and proper helmet with face shield when disposing of said chemicals.