10.5 tire outlaw Twin Turbo Mustang BACK TO WORK ! :)

• You cannot reply to this topic
94 replies to this topic

#61 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Great job on the cage Nick.

#62 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas Patterson

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thank you all for the kind comments. Im at it again tonight and I will get progress on hopefully again later this evening. Thanks Again Nick.

#63 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Finally got a chance to get something worth sharing done. I decided to go ahead and make a whole new intake manifold. I think this one, like the updated chassis will suite the entire build better. Hope it meets your high standards :D Let me know what you all think. Thanks for looking... Nick

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry again for the slow progress the last few days.

Edited by nitrousnick4710, 30 April 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#64 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Nice work on the intake Nick.

#65 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Intake looks slick... Nick...lol did that rhyme.. :lol:

#66 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

A few progress pictures for everyone. This is the new chassis finally getting there. Put the rear body on and the intake and block so you can see where I'm going with this. I want to get the headers in place soon and start plumbing the hot and cold side piping. Then this car will finally be looking like something special. ;) Let me know how its coming. Hope everyone likes. Thanks for looking... Nick

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:robert quimby

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Man that looks great ! Nice work !

#68 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Man that looks great ! Nice work !

Totally agree Rob, Great work Nick

#69 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just 2 words, followed by a few more. "I Like", the new intake/chassis is just coming out great Nick, this is going to be one killer build!

#70 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

This intake looks much better - good decision to do it again.
I like the jack stands. Did you make them?

#71 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

This intake looks much better - good decision to do it again.
I like the jack stands. Did you make them?

Thank you for the awesome comments!!! EVERYONE! I appreciate them all, keeps me working. :D Yeah made the jack stands to get the whole thing up in the air a little bit for pictures. Before I get the suspension on it. Also when I'm building the suspension it will be easier to show the process. Just some old tubing and a little styrene, I'm glade you like them.

#72 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

First,

QUESTION?? I've been wondering. I know a few people I know running true 1:1 twin / single turbo "outlaw" style cars are implementing 16 injectors. So the question is this: eight fuel injectors, or sixteen? I'm leaning towards two fuel rails on each side, each rail supplying 4 injectors to make a total of sixteen injectors. Sound good? or just stick with 8? Probably not a big deal just more of a what would you do? Thanks for you input.

Second,

I really do appreciate all of your time following this build. It means more than all of you know. This build and all of your great support are helping me get through a few less than perfect personal issues. Don't mean to sound lame, I just want everyone to know how much You All are helping. Inspiration comes in many ways around here. Thanks again.. And promise no more rambling.... :D Nick

#73 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:robert quimby

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

Dude build is looking killer and that intake is outstanding. 8 or 16 it's up to what you want, me I would go 16 if my hands weren't shaking that day lol.

#74 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Dude build is looking killer and that intake is outstanding. 8 or 16 it's up to what you want, me I would go 16 if my hands weren't shaking that day lol.

I have to agree with Robert, the build looks killer and I think that second try at your chassis you knocked it out of the PARK! Great execution. I have to totally agree, build the car how you would build it if you had the money available now and it was a 1:1. If you are running up against these guys and seeing it done, and it would be something you would run... Why that Heck not!?

#75 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

Nick, you have taken a giant leap forward with the new chassis and motor inlet. B) Great work mate.

As for the dilemma regarding injectors.... ^_^
I'd stick to 8. Now, I say this only as an "ease of installation" point of view. Being 1/24-25 scale, it's going to get awfully crowded in there with 16.
Totally up to you though. Just remember, sometimes just enough detail is all you need. ;)
Build on mate.

#76 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Thank you all for the comments! Seeing the work you guys accomplish is truly an inspiring art. Thank you all for following this build. When the master builders say that something I built is looking great, I strive to continue creating something that matters. Something I will be proud to share. I thank you all again, I will continue to keep the quality up and learn something every time I look at your builds. I'm having a blast with this project. It is fun and rewarding to push past what you "think" you can do to make something you never imagined you could. What a long way a little plastic, glue and of coarse time can go. More coming today, thank you all..... Nick

#77 Dyno Davo

Dyno Davo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Full Name:David Loye

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Nice workmanship Nic, and on a Stang too, Go Ford!!!!!!. Enjoying this WIP

#78 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Nick - you didn't say whether you were going with 8 or 16 injectors. I'm for being realistic, so my 2-cents says go with what it would be in real life. If you're following a 1:1 car, do what it has.

#79 outlaw105

outlaw105

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:RG Jr.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Usually cars on alky have 16 injectors and cars on gas with intercooler have 8, but on our 10.5 car we have 16 small injectors on gas because our intake was drilled for 16 in case we wanted to go alky.

#80 nitrousnick4710

nitrousnick4710

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Nick - you didn't say whether you were going with 8 or 16 injectors. I'm for being realistic, so my 2-cents says go with what it would be in real life. If you're following a 1:1 car, do what it has.

Sorry I didn't answer. I am definitely going to try and fit 16 injectors in on the intake. I don't think it will be to hard. I say that now while its all still ideas in my head. lol I will get them in there nice and neat some how. Thanks for all the input everyone... NICK