#1 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

I ordered the '53 Hudson Hornet kit yesterday, and having a look on Google, I have decided that I will be painting the body in Southern Blue with a Broadway Blue roof, now the only thing I can't find is any photo's of the colours of the interior that this colour combo' would have had, does anyone have any info' that would be useful to me ??

Attached File  HudsonHornetClubCoupe2.jpg   59.1KB   28 downloads

#2 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Geoff, check out the instruction sheet for stock interior combinations. There are several 2-tone combos listed, pick one that would compliment your exterior choice ( a good one BTW). Can't wait to see it take shape, it's a great kit.

#3 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I ordered the '53 Hudson Hornet kit yesterday, and having a look on Google, I have decided that I will be painting the body in Southern Blue with a Broadway Blue roof, now the only thing I can't find is any photo's of the colours of the interior that this colour combo' would have had, does anyone have any info' that would be useful to me ??

Attached File  HudsonHornetClubCoupe2.jpg   59.1KB   28 downloads

The two-tone grey (medium-dark grey for seatbacks and bolsters, light grey for the rolled and pleated inserts) would be perfect! Paint the dash Southern Blue just like the lower body color. Interior side panels have the same color combo as the seats.

Art

#4 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Art ....

#5 ZTony8

ZTony8

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Buglione

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

I'm getting a wild hair to do mine in a non standard two tone combination.I'm thinking Honey Cream lower with a Broadway Blue roof-similar to a popular GM 2 tone of the era.

#6 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

I managed to get some original paint chips for the 51,52 and 1953 Hudson's, so I can get the paint mixed up this side of the pond, I do like a few other two tone options listed, looks like I might have to get another Hornet kit at least !!!