#301 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

He has/had a nice suede green one I was thinking of replicating using this kit, until I realized it was a '52...
Posted Image

Well Chuck, with your skills, all you'd have to do to make a passable model is remove the rear quarter-panel outers and replace them with flatter sheet styrene, and sculpt-in the kicked-up character line at the top and the kink at the bottom with bondo.

#302 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,924 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

on rigth side i see a Jtwo sixpack setup and some kind of custom hupcaps

Those look like '56 Olds Fiesta hubcaps?:

Posted Image

Maybe a mild custom kustom is the second half of the next version?

#303 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,936 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Well Chuck, with your skills, all you'd have to do to make a passable model is remove the rear quarter-panel outers and replace them with flatter sheet styrene, and sculpt-in the kicked-up character line at the top and the kink at the bottom with bondo.

I could, but then I'd want to rework the interior pieces where needed, and so on, and so on...
So maybe I'll just slam the '50, paint it suede green and call it good enough. B)

#304 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

I'm going to swing by the Hobbytown and Hobby Lobby today to see if I can score one of these. If not, I'm just going to go ahead and order one or two off the net. I can't wait any longer!

#305 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

I picked two up at the 3 Rivers Show on Sunday . To say that I'm extremely pleased with the kit would be an understatement ! Cut one up already , all of the parts are bagged for sanding .
A bit of mold line on the trunk and below the roof on the upper portion of the rear quarters can be taken care of in no time . The hood needs a bit of fill in where the hinge mounts came through .Otherewise , it's a well done kit , well worth the money spent .

First build will be pro street , next , who knows ? Anyone that bashes this kit needs another frontal lobotomy cause the first one didn't take !

#306 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I'm going to swing by the Hobbytown and Hobby Lobby today to see if I can score one of these. If not, I'm just going to go ahead and order one or two off the net. I can't wait any longer!

HobbyTown here had them on Friday, and they didn't seem to be flying off the shelves. At about $27.

#307 Len Carsner

Len Carsner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Full Name:Len Carsner

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Bill Coulter and I have started our build/review of this kit, it's posted in the "On the Workbench" forum. First post was tonight, another to be posted on Thursday.

LC

#308 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

HobbyTown here had them on Friday, and they didn't seem to be flying off the shelves. At about $27.

My Hobbytown had them at $27.99,so I passed and went to the Hobby Lobby. They didn't have them yet. :( I should have just bit the bullet at Hobbytown. I'll check my other LHS and see if they have them yet. He's always several dollars cheaper anyway.

#309 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

I think that's not too much from new kit, at least here in Finland where kits are of course, a bit more pricey... Many kits that are not even new, cost the same here in Finland. I find that pretty normal price?

So, I did not write this as a critic, I'd like to hear about the prices of Model kits in the USA. Are they much different in Local Hobby Shops, than in Model Express, for example? Just curios and I'd like to hear more. I paid 2011 winter from Revell Kenworth W900 and Revell '65 Stepside 35 Bucks, but they were in discount (Hobby Lobby). But what about the normal pricing?

Edited by W-409, 03 October 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#310 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,075 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

I think that's not too much from new kit, at least here in Finland where kits are of course, a bit more pricey... Many kits that are not even new, cost the same here in Finland. I find that pretty normal price?

So, I did not write this as a critic, I'd like to hear about the prices of Model kits in the USA. Are they much different in Local Hobby Shops, than in Model Express, for example? Just curios and I'd like to hear more. I paid 2011 winter from Revell Kenworth W900 and Revell '65 Stepside 35 Bucks, but they were in discount (Hobby Lobby). But what about the normal pricing?

I've found current normal pricing through US online vendors for current (Revell, AMT, Moiebus) kits is around $18-22 USD or so, and local hobby shops here in the Phoenix area tend to be $22-27 USD or so. I don't shop at Hobby Lobby so I can't comment on their pricing.

Edited by Rob Hall, 03 October 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#311 thatz4u

thatz4u

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Full Name:Al Rich

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

my lhs will get their's next Wednesday, they said that the price will be about $20, I can wait

#312 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,637 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

I've found current normal pricing through US online vendors for current (Revell, AMT, Moiebus) kits is around $18-22 USD or so, and local hobby shops here in the Phoenix area tend to be $22-27 USD or so. I don't shop at Hobby Lobby so I can't comment on their pricing.

$26.95 at Hobby Despot (not including government-imposed penalties).

(Got mine yestiddy.) :D

They're now sold out of the first shipment; more back-ordered.

B)

Edited by Danno, 03 October 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#313 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,075 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

$26.95 at Hobby Despot (not including government-imposed penalties).

(Got mine yestiddy.) :D

They're now sold out of the first shipment; more back-ordered.

B)

That's where I got mine Monday...I had 'em hold me one back. Got mine for $16.95 because my punch card was full.. :)

#314 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I picked two up at the 3 Rivers Show on Sunday . To say that I'm extremely pleased with the kit would be an understatement ! Cut one up already , all of the parts are bagged for sanding .
A bit of mold line on the trunk and below the roof on the upper portion of the rear quarters can be taken care of in no time . The hood needs a bit of fill in where the hinge mounts came through .Otherewise , it's a well done kit , well worth the money spent .

First build will be pro street , next , who knows ? Anyone that bashes this kit needs another frontal lobotomy cause the first one didn't take !

Thanks Donn....Truth!

#315 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Well, I picked up the 7th one my local H-Town had, they put aside an eighth, and there's only the 9th left - of course, I didn't know I was shoppin' with Pryor Passorino.

Heard tell he ordered and absconded with the first six... :)

#316 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Wow, they're cheap!

You can't get many sealed kits from Finland with those prices. Especially new kits, are much more expensive than these (bit over $ 30).

#317 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Got mine on hold at King Kong Hobbies, $24,99. I cant believe they only ordered one I got lucky when I called I guess. I will pick it up sometime between Saturday and Monday.

Edited by midnightprowler, 03 October 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#318 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

I picked up one at a Hobbytown today for $22.99, it's a nice looking kit and I know I will get at least one more.

Edited by Fat Brian, 04 October 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#319 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm still waiting for them to show up around here. I have one on hold from Spare Time Shop, but I think Paul uses the slowest wholesaler known to man.

I'll have it soon enough, though.

Charlie Larkin

#320 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,682 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'm getting mine after work tonight, I cant wait! Just like a kid at Christmas.