Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice April Fool's Joke in the April Issue Gregg...

I got the April issue today and must say that I enjoyed your April Fool's article on BUE MAGIC Paint Stripper. Only $22 per quart plus shipping... What a bargain...!!! And it took off EVERY SPECK of Tamiya Black paint... amazing stuff huh..??

I'm sure there are other April Fool's things in this issue, but this one is the only one that really jumped out at me.

Thanks for the smile.

I got the April issue today and must say that I enjoyed your April Fool's article on BUE MAGIC Paint Stripper. Only $22 per quart plus shipping... What a bargain...!!! And it took off EVERY SPECK of Tamiya Black paint... amazing stuff huh..??

I'm sure there are other April Fool's things in this issue, but this one is the only one that really jumped out at me.

Thanks for the smile.

So I'm guessing you're not going to buy any?

BTW... it's no joke.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-KITS-PAINT-STRIPPER-/280724374135

Sorry you felt it was a joke.

I swear by this stuff now, and I use it for almost everything now.

I have stripped over 20 bodies so far, and it's still going strong.

It may take a bit longer, maybe a few hours more than when I first started, but it's worth it.

So, no, it's not a joke.

When I do an April Fools, it's a whole lot bigger than that!!!!!

Next year, for sure....

Right, Harry?

:-)

I just wish we could get a sneak peek at the cover so I could email that to my Daughter(who picks up my copy at her local HobbyTown).

The MCM website is stilll showing the January issue as the current one!!!

Come on Guys ... Help a brother out !!!

Edited by camaroman

I was just wondering why Adults would put an Aprils Fools joke in a magazine that people paid money for to learn and enjoy the hobby ? I do not want to be the fun sponge or fun governor but it is a paid subscription to a Model Cars Magazine not Mad Magazine ! This post is a good reason .

I was just wondering why Adults would put an Aprils Fools joke in a magazine that people paid money for to learn and enjoy the hobby ? I do not want to be the fun sponge or fun governor but it is a paid subscription to a Model Cars Magazine not Mad Magazine ! This post is a good reason .

Relax! There was no April Fool's joke in the April issue... :rolleyes:

Guest Johnny

What ONE MINUTE......the April issue for 2012 is available in April 2012.

Is that a joke?

(Sorry guys, couldn't control myself)

BINGO!!!

Whew,

Lighten up Francis...................

G

So, which is it? Do you board in Michigan or do you board in Ohio?

B)

Seriously dude, lighten up. SAE used to run April Fools articles annually, and I hope MCM does the same, as the owners of SA now wont, and I miss the fun. After all, isnt this hobby supposed to be fun??

dude would have had a coronary had he seen that one writeup on the "instant clear" paint or whatever that was (could have actually been in some other mag but they are such stuffed shirts i would doubt it).

now the april issue being available in april...you couldnt write that stuff or no one would believe you! :lol:

I just got my copy. Congratulations to John Teresi for the great coverage of that BIG BAD BENTLEY.

And that's a beautiful speed boat from Tim Boyd.

Great issue all around. Scott's Windshield Installation Tool is a AMAZING. Thank you, Scott.

I just got my copy. Congratulations to John Teresi for the great coverage of that BIG BAD BENTLEY.

And that's a beautiful speed boat from Tim Boyd.

Great issue all around. Scott's Windshield Installation Tool is a AMAZING. Thank you, Scott.

Thanks Virgil....and best regards....TIM