#1 made007

made007

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Full Name:Jose Madera

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

Im looking for a site that show me how to make license plates for the models, but i cant find even tips on how to make them, i have the model of the license plate already, but my problem is the size, when i put the size to match the scale, the license plate become small an looks in scale but the letters change and its looks awful, the letters cant be read, i dont know if its the program that i use to edit the images(photosuite8.06) so if you know some tips, of the programs or the process on how to make them it'll be great thanks .......MADE007

#2 Olle F

Olle F

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

The few license tags I have printed were from large images, and scaled down by changing the printer settings instead of the image size. You'll probably have to try a few different settings before you get the right size, but it's not difficult to do. If you have a good quality printer, you shouldn't lose any detail.

#3 made007

made007

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

The few license tags I have printed were from large images, and scaled down by changing the printer settings instead of the image size. You'll probably have to try a few different settings before you get the right size, but it's not difficult to do. If you have a good quality printer, you shouldn't lose any detail.

Thanks for the tips, i got help from ismaelg, he told me everything that i got todo, and then i figure out what i was doing wrong, it was the printer resolution, i solved the problem thanks...........MADE007

#4 gkendall

gkendall

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

What did you have to change and how do you do it? I also would like to make plates but need instructions on how to do it. If you would share what you found out that would be greatly appreciated

Gary <><

#5 made007

made007

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

What did you have to change and how do you do it? I also would like to make plates but need instructions on how to do it. If you would share what you found out that would be greatly appreciated
Gary <><

Go to the printer properties, and choose the best quality there is, you can download pics of license plates and put them to scale with a photo editing program or you can scan a license plate of a decal sheet from a model