There's a really hot thread going here about what would and what wouldn't sell.I wonder . . .

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

#41 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,200 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

No company, large or small, ever became successful by forcing an unwanted product down the throats of their customers.

Very true, but I dont think the model company's are forcing anything down anyones throats

#42 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

A little clarification may be needed here: I assume Erik's point is that the 3.8 Series 1 was an inline 6, not a V6.

Yep a typo. I meant I6. not V6. I also forgot to add the ZL1 Camaro. I do think an F12 will come, but not sure on the FF. Maisto is doing an FF diecast, but in a radio control version. Not sure what that will be like. That is all I've heard for sure.

I don't know if many of you saw Fujimi is doing a McLaren MP4 race version:

Posted Image
Likely a curbside like their others.

#43 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,200 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I did see that, I know I will be ordering one of them

#44 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Very true, but I dont think the model company's are forcing anything down anyones throats

I agree, I'm sure every new tool is well researched. It may not be what you wanted, but others do.

#45 Jodah

Jodah

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Warren

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

I would absolutely KILL for newer pickups (Mainly the 05 and up Dodge rams) maybe not with all the different options, but at least a diesel!

Not only that, some newer VW models would be cool too. I know a ton of VW entusiast that would lvoe to have a model fo their show cars and daily rides. Mk3 Jettas and golfs, Mk4's, mk5's, etc.

#46 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

I would absolutely KILL for newer pickups (Mainly the 05 and up Dodge rams) maybe not with all the different options, but at least a diesel!

Not only that, some newer VW models would be cool too. I know a ton of VW entusiast that would lvoe to have a model fo their show cars and daily rides. Mk3 Jettas and golfs, Mk4's, mk5's, etc.

If the kit manufacturers follow the 1:1 marketplace for potential successes, I wonder why there isn't a more recent Ford F-series pickup. It's been the best-selling vehicle of any type in America for many years, and the latest kit I can find is a 1997 F-150 in different versions. The Chevy Silverado is #2.

Edited by sjordan2, 09 May 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#47 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,200 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

If the kit manufacturers follow the 1:1 marketplace for potential successes, I wonder why there isn't a more recent Ford F-series pickup. It's been the best-selling vehicle of any type in America for many years, and the latest kit I can find is a 1997 F-150 in different versions. The Chevy Silverado is #2.

I would be happy with some promo version of some new pickups

#48 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yes, and the newest Silverado kit is the Revell '99...even worse is Dodge--the only kits out there are long out of production '93-95 vintage. I'd love to see some current trucks kitted, like the Ford Raptor or the current Ram. Some current SUVs also would be great.

Edited by Rob Hall, 09 May 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#49 Modelmartin

Modelmartin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Full Name:Martin, Andrew O.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

Shakespeare said it many years ago. First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!

:lol:

How about we kill the plaintiffs first! A lawyer without a plaintiff is like a gun with no bullets!

Edited by Modelmartin, 09 May 2012 - 11:00 AM.