Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 69 Camaro ProMod 7/22/14 motor painted

Romell R

Rom... Hey Brother... its great to see you back here and back on this project. I am sure looking forward to updates on this bad boy. Hope you are doing well too.

Chris im doin good Bro been itchin to get back on this man...... heres some pics of some of the parts I found for this build.

!/16 scale 69 Camaro body from Shapeway / TDR and Brass chassis (which needs cleaning also)

20131206_120340_zpsedfcaec3.jpg

20131206_120304_zps443774cb.jpg

Lenco Tranny and Rear end also from the 3D printers of Shapeway / TDR

20131206_120224_zpsa0bd38f4.jpg

Rims turned by my buddy Micro Nitro

20131206_120248_zps93b06c78.jpg

theres lots of goodies just waitin to be used....

20131206_120159_zpse26d48dc.jpg

see ya real soon.... B)

Very well said. I love watching builds like this but i dont post my builds bc of the simple fact i dont wanna be discriminated against or anything like that. Builds like this make me wanna push myself. I hope to be as good as some of these guys one day but may never get there. Its truly a talent these guys have and i love each and every post that they put up. Its inspiration for me. Guess u could consider them some of my role models in this hobby. I also do fullsize builds and have my role models for that also that i look up to. It is good to voice your opinions but there are other ways to voice to where it doesnt sound so hateful. It could cause these guys to get discouraged and stop posting period and then that would make a lot of us unhappy. I dont know about everyone but i look forward to updates on builds like this. Great job and keep up the good work. Cant wait to see more.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your comments Michael and Kris I appreciate your support.

I didnt want to post untill had something to show but I feel i better get back to posting now so Ill be used to it. anyway I was able to get soe work done on the chassis. Front body supports, front suspension struts, tranny supports. Im gonna get this chassis finished up so i can get it in primer at least. Theres a lil bit of oxidation on the brass but ill clean it up when im ready to go to primer. Here's a few pics.

20140203_212159_zps8cc08fee.jpg

20140203_212149_zps4bab8a2a.jpg

20140203_212209_zpsb1295abf.jpg

thanks for joinin me.

Hey fellas I was working on the motor today and I realized that my plenum needed to be offset so I broke out the ol razor saw and cut it in half. then I re-soldered it and cleaned it up a bit. Here's some pics for ya. (feels good to be back at my bench even if it is a glass table in my room LOL!)

20140204_112841_zpsrqpadkgr.jpg

here it is cut in half

20140204_115242_zps8ugtlwam.jpg

soldered back together now

20140204_120143_zpsasmaj0ua.jpg

cleaned up a bit and mocked up. I got the carbs from my friend Terry from Flashpoint Motor Sports thanks Terry (he doesnt sell these they were spares he had laying around)!

20140204_121750_zps1jmjcweo.jpg

20140204_122424_zpsknf0nny8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my small update......cya soon B)

Edited by Romell R

Nice to see you back on the bench, Romell! I've missed your updates a lot. There are not many modelers who can build something without using any kit parts, or especially those who can scratchbuild the whole engine. Your work is really unbelievable, and I can't wait to see this one finished, as it will be a great "challenger" for your Daytona Pro Mod.

ok I gotta small update please keep in mind that these are first draft so to speak so things will improve. Anyway i started the fire wall got out a new sanding wheel for my Dremel and started cleaning up the chassis (oxidation). Nuff said heres some pics.

20140206_112109_zps8veci18y.jpg

20140206_190744_zpsznqmerjr.jpg

20140206_200200_zpsn3khbudx.jpg

Sorry not much to see but i'm just getting started again may take me a while to get my flow back. B)cya soon

Rom.... great update. I am glad to see you getting some bench time in. I am gonna tell you what John Teresi told me a while back and that was to have a goal of getting at least 20-30 mins of bench time in a day. With that you will make headway on the build. Thats been my goal and i havent gotten to the bench every day this week but I am planning on making this whole weekend a model building weekend. I need ti finish my funny car to move on to other projects.

I know with out a doubt that you will get your groove back and be building like crazy again. Great to have you back.

Rom.... great update. I am glad to see you getting some bench time in. I am gonna tell you what John Teresi told me a while back and that was to have a goal of getting at least 20-30 mins of bench time in a day. With that you will make headway on the build. Thats been my goal and i havent gotten to the bench every day this week but I am planning on making this whole weekend a model building weekend. I need ti finish my funny car to move on to other projects.

I know with out a doubt that you will get your groove back and be building like crazy again. Great to have you back.

Hey thanks for that encouragement Chris. Its hard to pick up were you leave off sometimes but I know i needed to just jump back on it. B)Im gonna rework the intake today so i may or may not have a update today we'll see how it goes

I'm new to this stuff and just have to say I have read thru your Daytona build and now this one, you truly are and artist and a very good one at that. I have learned a lot from reading thru your builds so thank you.

Very glad to see someone of your caliber back on the bench and here sharing and teaching.

Thank you

Bob