#1 dragster fever

dragster fever

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:maynard t. marshall

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

thanks for looking .does anybody know the easy and cheep way to make entry door hinges my doors are 3and3/8s by 1and 1/2 inches the picture is a junkyard pole barn i started all lumber was made on my table saw. next picture is Elmer foam board i got yesterday i want to make cement block for my speed shop should i cut them individually or just measure and score in grout lines all reply'sAttached File  junkyard polebarn.JPG   127.18KB   29 downloadsAttached File  elmers foamboard.JPG   121.07KB   31 downloads welcome

#2 Mercman

Mercman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Full Name:Junior

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

You could check the do;; house section of the craft stores they have some small hinges.

#3 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

cut them individually

#4 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

For the interior of my vintage travel trailer that's still in progress, I used thin strips of printing plate. It allows the closet door to open. I can shoot a pic or two tonight if you're interested.

#5 dragster fever

dragster fever

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

For the interior of my vintage travel trailer that's still in progress, I used thin strips of printing plate. It allows the closet door to open. I can shoot a pic or two tonight if you're interested.

sure brad il take a look .i made a campsite a while back you might want to see pup tent,campfire,picknick table post those pictures later thanks

#6 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I put a striaght pin through the frame into the door.. top and bottom,, works real good

#7 dragster fever

dragster fever

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

thanks guys for all the replys i got 12 doors to do and i was stumped this will help me tremendustly spelled that wrong :D hey brad here that campsite thing i madeAttached File  Picture 013.jpg   131.67KB   20 downloads

#8 kruleworld

kruleworld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Full Name:Walter Strider

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

You could check the do;; house section of the craft stores they have some small hinges.

i think he means DOLL HOUSE SECTION. which is a very good tip. 1/2 scale doll houses are 1/22.5 scale (G scale), very close to 1/25.

#9 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

OK, sorry for the delay Maynard. Forgot all about this thread and my promise to post hinge pics. A thin strip of printing plate was bent around a thin wire and wrapped back onto itself then glued to the door. The wire was bent into a U shape after the hinge was bent around it. Then the wire was pressed and glued straight into the wood. Here's an outside and inside pic along with the piece the hinges were built for. Good luck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope this helps. It sure worked out great and on my first attempt.

Edited by gasser59, 04 May 2012 - 04:14 AM.