Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Early Gas DragMaster framed Digger

Dyno Davo

Hi everyone, for the benefit of those who missed the progress build thread in the Drag section this is my just completed early 1960's Gas Dragster, she has a small block Chev with early Hilborn injection running through a quick change rear end. Other than a handful of parts this model is scratch built with using hand made parts, my own resin casting parts and some aftermarket detail items. The engine block, supercharger housing, steering wheel, front tires and quick change were the kit items used. I up scaled the measurements from a 1/25 Mooneyes frame and other reference material to scratch build the 1/16 DragMaster IV chassis. All the chrome is Alclad. The weedburners were made from copper tube. A full set of build pics can be viewed at;

http://s675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/dynodavo/1-16%20Dragmaster/

Thanks for taking a look and happy to answer any questions on the build.

DSCF2654.jpg

DSCF2650.jpg

DSCF2645.jpg

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2651.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2646.jpg

After closely following your progress build in the other section, I'm happy to see this finished and it came out fantastic. Every bit of this build is spectacular. Thanks for sharing it with us Dyno. It was a pleasure to look over your shoulder and very educational as well.

Edited by gasser59

Very nice work, Dave. Just enough detail to please the eyes, but not too much that it's cluttered. I love that you didn't use AN-type fittings for the lines/hoses, too.

Now, how do we get ourselves a set of those pie-crust slicks?? :)

Dave...I don't know if you know it but there is a Facebook group called "Dedicated to saving the hobby of building drag racing models in 1/16 scale". You should post a few pics of this wonderful model in that group. Those guys there would love to see it!

Dave...I don't know if you know it but there is a Facebook group called "Dedicated to saving the hobby of building drag racing models in 1/16 scale". You should post a few pics of this wonderful model in that group. Those guys there would love to see it!

Thanks Terry, yes I've heard about this group but I consider myself one of those lucky people who don't do Facebook. I'm a member of a 1/16scale drag racing forum on Yahoo that works together really well. Appreciate your suggestion though, and thanks for checking out my build.

Thanks to you to Joe.

Thanks Terry, yes I've heard about this group but I consider myself one of those lucky people who don't do Facebook. I'm a member of a 1/16scale drag racing forum on Yahoo that works together really well. Appreciate your suggestion though, and thanks for checking out my build.

Thanks to you to Joe.

Hmmm....does that mean you think I and all my friends who DO Facebook are unlucky? :blink:

Hmmm....does that mean you think I and all my friends who DO Facebook are unlucky? :blink:

I just joined FaceBook , I guess its a good thing I dont believe in luck! :lol:

Whoops, only meant that in the sense that I'd rather spend the time building models as opposed to spending time on Facebook, apologies if anyone took offence :D