Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 55 Ford Fairbird (Thunderbird Prototype) is here!

Jerry - looking good! Is the "normal" 55 coming soon?

Larry, the "Production" 55 is being cast as we speak and I should have them available in 7 to 10 days.

By the way, thanks for the many mentions of the Resin Realm in your magazine. We appreciate all your help and hope we are providing needed and useful info to your readers.

Larry, the "Production" 55 is being cast as we speak and I should have them available in 7 to 10 days.

By the way, thanks for the many mentions of the Resin Realm in your magazine. We appreciate all your help and hope we are providing needed and useful info to your readers.

Jerry, you are so very welcome. Keep on, as they used to say in the movies, "doing that voodoo that you do so well!" :D :D

I can't wait to see the stock Bird.

• 5 years later...

I have seen a friction promo from back in the day, other wise no.

It looks like both stock and Fairbird versions were done by Hendrix, as both are listed at Resin Realm.

55 FORD T-BIRD PRODUCTION VERSION

55 FORD FAIRBIRD (T-BIRD PROTOTYPE)

Is JerryK the proprietor of Hendrix?

I bought the stock kit back in 2008. It's a direct copy of the promo and was not warped. Here is the photos I took of the kit.

55Thunderbirdc.jpg

55Thunderbirdb.jpg

55Thunderbirda.jpg

It has the correct 55 interior and steering wheel. I have since had the bumpers and hubcaps chromed. My only complaint is the lack of the seam for the fender skirts. My example has a bit of a texture to it, and made the chrome difficult to smooth out.