Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flinstone Charger Magnum

Has anyone actually built one of these up? I'm just curious to know what's needed from the two donor kits- Charger SRT8 and Magnum SRT8. I picked up a Revell Uptown Charger SRT8 (the required kit), but the Uptown kit is a screw together deal, and I'm guessing the Uptown magnum is too. Can I use the Uptown magnum, or do I have to use the regular Magnum?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've gotten together all the required stuff for this build, so I'll post up what I've learned in case anyone else is looking.

You'll need the headlights, fog lights, and grille from the Charger kit. Fortunately, the kit comes with two grilles, so you may be able to source one from the swap forum. The lights should be easy enough to scratchbuild if you've got the skills and don't want to buy the entire Charger kit.

I ended up with the Magnum SRT8 (not the Uptown version). The only fitment issue I've run into so far is the rear hatch hinge needing to be reworked. The resin body is over twice as thick as the plastic piece, so the hinge in stock form just won't work. I haven't yet worked it out, but when I start posting this project in the workbench forum I will put up pics. Also keep in mind that since the body is that thick, window fitment will be different.

Definitely keep us posted I'm in the middle of the same project. I have to scratch build the headlights as well. Which gives me the option of what I want instead of the factory look. I noticed the door fitment issue as well but that's no biggie. Only other problem I have is the rims and tires not much option in lowering them.