After a good nap, I decided to start on the interior pan/engine bay. I painted the interior pan first with a flat black spray paint. Not the best coverage, but it doesn't matter since I'm going to be flocking it. Then after it dried, I wrapped the interior pan in aluminum foil and sprayed the engine bay with some cheap primer I bought at Kmart and Rustoleum Automotive gloss black with no clear coat (doesn't need to be as glossy as the exterior paint). Turned out awesome! There were a few dry spots in between the strut towers and the side walls where the paint was hard to get into, so I went over those parts with some Tamiya gloss black paint with a brush and diluted it with water so it spread nicely with no brush strokes. Then I painted the details (nuts, hoses, etc.).
Today I'm working on the seats. The fronts have been assembled and were puttied to get rid of the seams yesterday (can still seem some of them, but much better than before). Today after it was dry, I sanded it with 220 (too coarse, but it's all I had) and sprayed the areas down with Duplicolor scratch-filling primer until I got a smooth surface, then sprayed a few light coats of the cheap primer for texture. I hope to have them dried out in the dehydrator in a lil bit, then mask off the seats except for the inserts and spray the inserts with red. After those are dry, I'll mask off the inserts and spray them black. I'm going to be lightly flocking the inserts to replicate suede. Until the next update, thanks for looking!