Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any news on Revell '67 Chevelle pro street?

I'm just wondering if this kit came out yet and whether anyone has any detailed pictures of it.

Thanks

It was on last month's release schedule which means even non Preferred Partner retailers should have it in stock by now. This kit, like the stock '67 is a reissue of a 90's kit, so anyone who has the original should be able to tell you what to expect (sorry I went the AMT route when they did their battle of '67's, so I've never seen the contents of either Revell kit).

I've built both versions and the Revell version is the best. The stock tail lights have been replaced with a flat panel with four late C4 Corvette shaped lights. I had a stock rear panel and switched it with the kit part. The rear end can be a bit fiddly but that goes for every prostreet ever. The engine builds up nice, I switched the kit dual carbs for the supercharger from Revells 68 vette.

I would assume the former Firestone tire lettering is absent from this version?

More than likely Chuck. They aren't a very good tire anyway IMO. I've used this kit for it's chassis and other parts,but never have built it. I just can't get past that stupid looking tail light panel and wheels with the bow tie lug nuts. If Revell would put the stock tail panel in this kit and a better set of wheels,it would make it much better. That will never happen though.

I just can't get past that stupid looking tail light panel and wheels with the bow tie lug nuts. If Revell would put the stock tail panel in this kit and a better set of wheels,it would make it much better. That will never happen though.

I agree, the bowtie lug nuts are cheesy and the tail panel is outdated, but considering it's 24 years old(!) kit and the Pro Street trend peaked in the late '90s, it's totally understandable. I think most people end up replacing the wheels with something else, and I bet 75%+ of people who buy this kit use it as a parts donor, just like you, Roger.

I would be interested to know if the Firestone sidewall lettering is still there or not, too.

I always wondered if Revell was going to include a hood scoop with this kit, then dcided not to for whatever reason. The hood looks like it's missing something. :huh:

One thing I like about this kit is the dual quad big block. I have a 1/24 gasser project in the planning stages, that this BBC will be perfect for. The rest of the kit has been parted out.

The engine from this kit is nice,but it may look a little small in a 1/24 kit. The engine from the Monogram 1/24 '66 flip nose Chevelle may be a better choice especially if you're building a gasser.

The engine from this kit is nice,but it may look a little small in a 1/24 kit. The engine from the Monogram 1/24 '66 flip nose Chevelle may be a better choice especially if you're building a gasser.

According to the box I have, the Revell Streetburner Chevelle is 1/24.

Technically, the 1/24 Monogram '66 cars were both Malibus, not Chevelles, but the '70 is labelled as a Chevelle.

I see the last go 'round for the Pro Street '67 Chevelle is in fact labelled as being 1/24 scale, which is simply a typo, as the kit really is 1/25 scale:

DSC00762-vi.jpg

Edited by Casey

Technically, the 1/24 Monogram '66 cars were both Malibus, not Chevelles, but the '70 is labelled as a Chevelle.

That was also a typo. I know for a fact that the black with flames '66 is indeed a Chevelle SS 396. It has SS 396 on the grille, Super Sport on the quarter panels and finally Chevelle on the tail light panel. I never did understand why Monogram called it a Malibu SS when there's no such thing.

I never understood why Monogram the Malibu SS moniker, either, and even with the original issue of the '70 Malibu SS, which later became a Chevelle. :blink:

Maybe someone at Revell, Inc. got the scales mixed up for the '67 Chevelle Pro Street and the '70 Chevelle Baldwin-Motion version which was mistakenly labelled as 1:25 scale:

DSC01131-vi.jpg

The Tail light panel, what comes with the kit is ugly, as Andy said. Revell should include that original taillight panel in the box too, because those original ones are really hard to find, and I'm afraid that I have to buy a new kit to get that panel. <_<

The Tail light panel, what comes with the kit is ugly, as Andy said. Revell should include that original taillight panel in the box too, because those original ones are really hard to find, and I'm afraid that I have to buy a new kit to get that panel. <_<

They thought ahead, the reissued the stock kit a few months back just so you can easily find the "correct panel"! Isn't that thoughtful of them?

85-4285-lg.jpg

Yeah, it's not hard to get, but it's just because of the money. New kit costs more here in Finland, than in your LHS. And if I order the kit from ModelExpress for example, shipping makes the kit expensive too.

But that might be the only way to get correct part for my Sleeper Chevelle.

Just got a pair of these today- Firestone lettering is still present on the rear tires. Fronts have blank sidewalls, but I think they always were, or at least have been since the Max Rat issue. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm off to see how hard it is to stuff that chassis under an AMT '66 Olds 442!

Yeah, it's not hard to get, but it's just because of the money. New kit costs more here in Finland, than in your LHS. And if I order the kit from ModelExpress for example, shipping makes the kit expensive too.

But that might be the only way to get correct part for my Sleeper Chevelle.

Oh don't think I was trying to come off smug and call you cheap, I was rather being sarcastic in regards to Revell. Isn't it "convenient" they just happened to see fit to release the stock kit AND the Pro-Stock kit. Unless someone decides to resin cast the stock tail panel, I bet they move a fair amount of those stock kits just to people who want to rid themselves of that ZR-1 inspired nonsense.

Reminds me of the entire "Yenko" Nova/COPO Nova debacle. Oh you can build a Yenko Nova, you just need a pile of parts out of this OTHER kit to do it correctly. I refuse to believe that they didn't know that going in, since R&D has to be further out than 6 months between the releases.

Edited by niteowl7710

Just got a pair of these today- Firestone lettering is still present on the rear tires. Fronts have blank sidewalls, but I think they always were, or at least have been since the Max Rat issue. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm off to see how hard it is to stuff that chassis under an AMT '66 Olds 442!

That's odd. How is it that Revell can keep the Firestone lettering on that tire,but erase the lettering on the rest of their tires??? :wacko::rolleyes:

That's odd. How is it that Revell can keep the Firestone lettering on that tire,but erase the lettering on the rest of their tires??? :wacko::rolleyes:

I think it's a Goodyear issue. Testors still had BFG lettering on their tires, and AMT is creating new Firestone tires to replace old, worn out versions.

Didn't some of the Revell Pro Street kits include Moroso and/or Mickey Thompson narrow front tires?