Any news on Revell '67 Chevelle pro street?

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,912 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Just got a pair of these today- Firestone lettering is still present on the rear tires. Fronts have blank sidewalls, but I think they always were, or at least have been since the Max Rat issue. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm off to see how hard it is to stuff that chassis under an AMT '66 Olds 442!

#22 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, it's not hard to get, but it's just because of the money. New kit costs more here in Finland, than in your LHS. And if I order the kit from ModelExpress for example, shipping makes the kit expensive too.
But that might be the only way to get correct part for my Sleeper Chevelle.

Oh don't think I was trying to come off smug and call you cheap, I was rather being sarcastic in regards to Revell. Isn't it "convenient" they just happened to see fit to release the stock kit AND the Pro-Stock kit. Unless someone decides to resin cast the stock tail panel, I bet they move a fair amount of those stock kits just to people who want to rid themselves of that ZR-1 inspired nonsense.

Reminds me of the entire "Yenko" Nova/COPO Nova debacle. Oh you can build a Yenko Nova, you just need a pile of parts out of this OTHER kit to do it correctly. I refuse to believe that they didn't know that going in, since R&D has to be further out than 6 months between the releases.

Edited by niteowl7710, 07 May 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#23 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

hey revell we all want u to cast more of the prostock/promod/ car from the late 80's the promod LAPD camaro and the 56vicky promod

#24 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Just got a pair of these today- Firestone lettering is still present on the rear tires. Fronts have blank sidewalls, but I think they always were, or at least have been since the Max Rat issue. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm off to see how hard it is to stuff that chassis under an AMT '66 Olds 442!

That's odd. How is it that Revell can keep the Firestone lettering on that tire,but erase the lettering on the rest of their tires??? :wacko: :rolleyes:

#25 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

That's odd. How is it that Revell can keep the Firestone lettering on that tire,but erase the lettering on the rest of their tires??? :wacko: :rolleyes:

I think it's a Goodyear issue. Testors still had BFG lettering on their tires, and AMT is creating new Firestone tires to replace old, worn out versions.

Didn't some of the Revell Pro Street kits include Moroso and/or Mickey Thompson narrow front tires?

#26 kitswapper

kitswapper

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:Jim White

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Goodyear is very expensive and hard to deal with on their licensing that is why most of the models companies have removed them, I think it's silly as it promotes their Goodyear name, other companies are better to deal with.

#27 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I think it's a Goodyear issue. Testors still had BFG lettering on their tires, and AMT is creating new Firestone tires to replace old, worn out versions.

Didn't some of the Revell Pro Street kits include Moroso and/or Mickey Thompson narrow front tires?

Yeah, the T-Bird, Beretta, Corvette, Lincoln LSC and the J-2000 all had the little Moroso skinnies up front.