Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Truck Build- Italeri Kit

This is my first completed truck build. It's an Italeri kit of a DAF 95 XF Super Space Cab truck. I must say the Italeri kits go together quite well. The model was airbrushed with decanted Testors Enamel "Competition Orange" and the wheels were done in Alclad Polished Aluminum. It was built box stock. Sorry for the bad pics. Let me know what you guys think. And by the way, I picked up this kit from the lfs on clearance for 20 bucks.

post-9683-0-16240300-1337640813_thumb.jp

post-9683-0-57186900-1337640995_thumb.jp

post-9683-0-23416300-1337641441_thumb.jp

Italeri made a few 'curbside' kits as well as Revell. This DAF (I'm proud of the Dutch product :) :) ) is one of them and never issued as a full detailed kit. The others are the Volvo VN and de MAN TGA. The Volvo is off course a little American style where the MAN is also a very nice European one.

Nice to see someone on the other side of the ocean building European trucks as I (as a European guy) only build American style trucks. (Also Australian and New Zealand)

Here in European 99% of the trucks are COE. In the heavy haulage business you will find some conventional's but they are quite rare. There are also some people who keep conventional (or torpedo as we say) as a hobby truck.

Nice model, keep on trucking,

Hessel

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am pretty proud of it for my first truck model, and there will be plenty more to come. I've got a nice stockpile of AMT, Italeri, and ROG kits in my closet.

Plasticbutcher- my kit is curbside, no engine detail. Would be an even better kit if it had complete drivetrain detail. It does go together very nicely though

Hessel- I find the Euro trucks interesting. It's nice to see how they compare to American trucks.