#21 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

The Revell '32 Ford Tudor Sedan modified reissue IS coming at the end of this year. It was supposed to be announced at LAST year's Oct. Hobby Show but it was pushed back. (Good thing I kept my mouth shut). It will have the injected 302 from the Speedwagon kit AND a flathead with speed parts. It will have 2 sets of wheels. I don't know if one set will be steelies with caps.
This is all from a VERY reliable source who has worked with Revell for 2 years to get this reissue out.
You know the drill,,,,,,I could tell you but would have to kill you.
I have NO info on the other rumored kits.

#22 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

End of the year? Flathead with speed parts? There IS a Santa Claus! :D

Wow, this is great news. Thanks for the hints, Lyle.

#23 Dave McFly

Dave McFly

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Which kit was cancelled??????

The GT500 based on the 06 mustang tooling. :angry:

#24 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

It has been said elsewhere that the '32 sedan will have Kelsey Hayes style wire wheels. When i said before that I wanted the Rat Rod wheel and tires all I really NEED is the tires since my stash of these is running low. So, maybe they could include them since they wouldn't require any tooling changes to just have the tires, where it would if we wanted the steelie wheels. I think KH wires mounted on the Rat Rod series wide whites would look sweeeeet!

#25 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Larry A. Greenberg---------
Now, for a really nice set of side marker lights for any '68 Mopar, Auto Atomix has a set of machined aluminum ones that you gotta see to believe. I bought several sets from Dennis a couple of years back and I tell you, he does excellent work. His web site is at http://www.autoatomix.com. Right now he is not taking any new orders until he fills his backlog but hopefully that will be rectified soon.

Agreed. He makes top quality 68 MoPar marker lights, and lots of really good looking detail parts..

#26 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:55 PM

Here's the thing, though: The Rat Rod tires won't universally fit the wheels from other Revell kits. The only ones I've found that fit properly are the steelies from the Rat Rod wheel/tire pack and the mags in the '29 pickup and '31 sedan kits. On the other hand, wheels such as the Torque Thrusts from the '32 three-window and Speedwagon won't work because the ID of the tire is too large.
What that means is that if Revell was to use the Rat Rod tires in the upcoming Deuce sedan, the new wheels, be they K-H wires or whatever, would have to be tooled specifically to fit the Rat Rod tires ... which would be OK, I suppose, but somewhat limiting. It's just MHO, of course, but I think the Goodyear Sports Car Specials that have been included in the three-window, Speedwagon and numerous other kits are a better choice for a full-fendered rod. And, if you want wide whitewalls, it's a pretty simple matter to add them to those tires with Tamiya white primer and a circle template.

Alright Ken, i see your point every time, I'll leave this subject alone. Since I'll be buying a ton of these sedans when they come I was just hoping to stock up my stash of these tires. I have soooo many '31 sedans and '29 pickups that I had to stop buying them. Sorry for my wild optimism.

#27 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

From the discussions about the '32 Tudor sedan w/Kelsey Hayes wheels, I saw this gem this past weekend at a local cruise night. If the model is anything like this car, I'm happy. I'd be inclined to do a close replica of it, the period warm gray paint w/the yellow wheels really fit this car perfectly, it was a knockout. Very subtle, full of attitude and class.

Posted Image

#28 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

I thought the K-H wheels in the Monogram '30 Woody were great hotrod wheels. Hopefully, the new ones are close to these, and will fill out the big n little tires as well as the Torque Thrusts do.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Lyle Willits

Lyle Willits

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Full Name:Lyle Willits

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

From the discussions about the '32 Tudor sedan w/Kelsey Hayes wheels, I saw this gem this past weekend at a local cruise night. If the model is anything like this car, I'm happy. I'd be inclined to do a close replica of it, the period warm gray paint w/the yellow wheels really fit this car perfectly, it was a knockout. Very subtle, full of attitude and class.

Posted Image

Bob,
Those EXACT wheels are available from Replicas & Miniatures. The set comes with the hubs, rims, photoetched spokes, two set of hub caps, resin tires and white wall inserts. They are a tad on the expensive side - $46.00, but they are the best in scale wheels I've ever seen.
Posted Image