#1 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Just purchased the 2010 1/12 GT500 kit and wanted to do something different. I've decided to create a concept that Ford could have produced for the 2011 Mustang which echoed the classic Mach 1 Mustang. The '03-'04 model was based on the '69-'70 model, while this version will be based on the '71-'72 version. I'm going to start work on it tomorrow, however for the time being, I'm going to create a "concept breakdown".

"The 2011 Mustang Mach 1 concept takes features and styling from the 1971 and 1972 Mach 1, and uses the Shelby GT500 as a basis. The model would in fact be slotted between the GT Premium and GT500 as an entry-level performance car. The engine would be the same 5.4L DOHC Supercharged V8, though would be detuned to 500hp. Unique front and rear spoilers along with Mach 1 specific decals would be available in black or argent, depending on exterior color. GT500 air extractor hood uses a special insert to mimic the split intake hood, along with a pair of functional hood pins. A set of 19" Cragar S/S style wheels mounted on Z-rated tires, and rear window louvers round out the exterior.

The interior consists of leather bucket seats in either Charcoal Black or Stone, depending on exterior striping color. Unique seat-face stripes are available in any of the exterior colors. Hurst short throw shifter with special T-handle provides that vintage look while providing crisp, quick shifts."

Edited by Jordan White, 23 May 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#2 knyte91

knyte91

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Full Name:Kirt Louis Dillon

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hello,
Sounds like you have a good plan. That model is so easy to build. It just falls together. Ive built one already & have another waiting to be started on. I hope everything goes the way you want with your build. Goodluck.

#3 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Well I got the engine assembled and painted. I still have some detail work to do, but it's complete as far as kit parts. I went with a blue block, heads, oil pan, and cam covers to mimic the blue painted engines in the original.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,303 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Engine look great ! I love this kit and I am thinking about building another.

#5 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Finally got the interior finished. Mostly stock with the addition of a Hurst shifter with T-handle, front seat belts, and I painted the seats in a black and red two-tone. You can also see what the exterior color will be, Ford Cardinal Red, though I haven't done any detail painting yet.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,303 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Interior looks good.

#7 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thanks guys. Now I've decided to tackle the daunting task of working suspension and steering. With the way the kit was produced, I'm pretty much going to have to do a ton of scratchbuilding. :(

Oh well, it will be awesome when I'm done!

#8 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Well got some more done. Chassis painted satin black and Ford Sunburst Gold Metallic, along with silver details and foiled heat shields.
Posted Image

Added the chassis portion of the axle stabilizer bar, as well as extended the bracket for the stabilizer bar itself.
Posted Image

Made my own lower control arms using the centers from the kit and scratchbuilt ends.
Posted Image

Axle with lower control arm brackets added. Still have to add the stabilizer bar bracket and shock absorber brackets.
Posted Image

#9 semijoe

semijoe

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Full Name:joe kovach

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

off to an excellent start. engine look good too. cant wait to see what you with the body

#10 Galant409VR4

Galant409VR4

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Iozzo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

First that looks really nice.

A newb question
By what means did you paint the chassis and interior? Like airbrush can or brush?
I have the same model and just want to know the how to's LoL

Edited by Galant409VR4, 28 June 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#11 Cien1986

Cien1986

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Full Name:Henry Wijaya

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Great Job... 

#12 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana