sports850

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Full Name:Ian White

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Is anybody else having trouble viewing the .pdf file? :blink:

Yes , my computer doesn't like it either but my work one does , it's been happening with a lot of pdf's after an adobe update .....

I'm hanging out to see the mini , it's a few mm bigger than the Tamiya one so should be true scale (the Tamiya mini is smaller than 1:24 ...) .

#22 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yes , my computer doesn't like it either but my work one does , it's been happening with a lot of pdf's after an adobe update .....

I'm hanging out to see the mini , it's a few mm bigger than the Tamiya one so should be true scale (the Tamiya mini is smaller than 1:24 ...) .

Did not know that, and was thinking about getting that one, I am pretty sure its going to be the ROG one

#23 sports850

sports850

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

I only found out while doing a scratch built model of one of my cars (Nota Fang , mini based 2 seat sports car) , I built the chassis from scaled measurements from the 1:1 chassis and then found the motor and subframe were a little bit smaller ... Checked the rest of the car and it's smaller than 1:24 :(

#24 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Anybody know what year the Mini is?

Answered my own question - 1964. Would have been cool to see an earlier version since we do have a very nice 1964 Tamiya kit available.

Edited by Erik Smith, 24 May 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#25 sports850

sports850

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

According to this it's a 1964 cooper (no mention of capacity but should be 998cc I'm guessing) ,

http://www.revell.de...ARTN=07092&sp=1

#26 Malard

Malard

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron Porter

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

I like the Overhauling Kits those wheels alone should be worth it alone! Also excited about the Hummer kit, wish it was a glue kit though.

#27 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I can hardly wait as I'm running out of kits to build and I'll be able to replenish my stash before the winter sets in.

#28 Wayne's World

Wayne's World

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Full Name:W. Wayne Gray

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Boot Hill Express...I'm gonna get me another one. The one I have, I built when I was 8. I'm liking the Mini, unless it's a repop of the Tamiya. Gonna pickup the pickups, Dodge and Lightning, and I like the Challenger. One question...where are all the 30's Fords??????????

#29 slammedi'am

slammedi'am

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Harrold

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Nice...Wished they updated the Lightning to the 01-04 model tho...

#30 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

I see quite a bit I'll get, the Road Runner, GSX, Camaro, both Firebirds, 93 Mustang, Boothill Express, and probably some more. I have a few of these already but I kind of want a fresh start on some of them, I wonder if the Daytona will be the full Promodeler kit with all of the stock car stuff?

#31 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,275 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Even though I'm sure it's just a rebox I will pick up the Shelby Cobra for the collection. The Foose cars look like they have potential. The art is one thing and the model may another. We shall see.

#32 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Great to see the Vandal back out. I'll definitely be grabbing a couple of those. I've had a project based on that kit in mind for a while. Stock Hum is a welcome sight as well.

Foose is a little late to the party, yes, but his designs are generally clean enough that they hold up okay over time. What I hope doesn't happen is they alter the Firebird body irreversibly from stock. Throw all the doo-dads at it it'll take, but that's a great kit and I'd hate to see the old habit of making a return to stock a non-option again.

Sheesh, I almost missed the Challenger 1 in there. Typical 60's Revell fiddly kit, but a great subject and with some work comes out real nice. Since I totally ransacked mine for a kitbash project ages ago, it'll be great to add that one back into the collection.

Edited by Gluhead, 24 May 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#33 jaymcminn

jaymcminn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Full Name:Jason McMinn

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Definitely looking forward to the Mini and the Ferrari 599 GTO- talk about opposite ends of the automotive spectrum!

#34 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Just my luck that after I scour the ends of the earth for a NIB 93 they announce a repop lol. Gosh darn. O well gives me a chance to get another new. I'm also real pumped about the 85 Camaro! Been wanting to build one of those. Actually most of the cars on that PDF get me cised, gonna be a fun winter!

#35 aksarben

aksarben

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Deisley

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Attached File  2012-fall-new-releases0002.jpg   120.94KB   241 downloads
Attached File  2012-fall-new-releases0003.jpg   129.09KB   275 downloads
Attached File  2012-fall-new-releases0004.jpg   160.33KB   188 downloads
Attached File  2012-fall-new-releases0001.jpg   107.69KB   90 downloads

#36 sports850

sports850

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Thank's for posting that Steve , I missed the Challenger 1 last I looked through the revell site , definitely have to get one of those along with a few of the mini's :)

#37 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

Thank's for posting that Steve

Ditto. :)

#38 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

Not a whole there to get me excited, although it would be nice to have a couple of those kits if they end up at Hobby Lobby and I get then with my 40% coupon. Still waiting for some of those new tools that are on the way (50 Olds, 57 Ford, 77 GMC).

#39 Beerman86GT

Beerman86GT

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Full Name:John Bierman

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

AWESOME!!! Something else to spend money on and add to the collection!!!! I can see 3-4 of those in future as well!!!!!

#40 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

Not a whole there to get me excited, although it would be nice to have a couple of those kits if they end up at Hobby Lobby and I get then with my 40% coupon. Still waiting for some of those new tools that are on the way (50 Olds, 57 Ford, 77 GMC).

The 77 GMC isn't a new tool. It's an old simplified Monogram kit from way back,so don't expect a lot on that one. It will have a new snow plow to go with it supposedly.

I'm looking forward to the Foose kits and hope these are just the beginning! I really hope Revell does them right and doesn't just add a set of wheels and tires to them,but I won't hold my breath. The rest, I already have or have no interest in.